Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    van1934 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Uninstall Mysql
    I have a real frustrating problem I cannot fix. I am using Windows XP SP2.
    I downloaded a free Beta version of MYSQL 5.2.x.x. When I tried to install
    this program my computer would not let me install it so I just decided to
    delete it by right clicking on the program and selecting delete. My problem is
    some of the program was deleted but part of it remains and I cannot find
    anything to remove them. Since it didn't install, it is not listed in the Add/
    Remove section nor anywhere else except c:\program files\mysql. When I
    try to delete these left over pieces I get the following message:

"Cannot Delete columns_priv.frm: Access is denied.
    Make sure the disc is not full or write protected and
    that the file is not currently in use."

I tried booting in Safe Mode and System Restore but neither of these made
    any difference. There must be some way of removing these left over remants
    short of a reformat. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Van
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 06:26 AM
    So it installed half-way? Or are you trying to remove the setup file?
    van1934 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Hi benn. Thanks for your interest. Yes, I got nearly through ( I think) the installation when the program told me it could not install (yet there are files in my Program Files). I even tried to re-install but the same thing happened, however, this time it was listed in Add/Remove so I deleted it. The problem is those original files that I could not delete are still there. I have used all the uninstallers available, tried system restore, used regedit to remove every trace of MySql and it does not appear in my registry anymore, yet the files are still there. Very perplexing. I want to avoid a reformat. Any suggesstions appreciated. Thanks van

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall windows xp [ 4 Answers ]

I was trying to upgrade my windows 98 with windows xp but instead of upgrade I got a whole new windows xp program. Now the systems telling me I have little disk space and to delete unused files but, when I try this it tells me I don't have enough disk space to perform the task. SOMEONE OUT THERE...

Uninstall/Reinstall... [ 2 Answers ]

First I install Coreldraw GS 12 the I decided to update it to Corel X3 but my PC begun to slow then I uninstalled the X3 and try to reinstall the CGS 12 but it won't let me it saz error in applying... :confused:

Uninstall [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to uninstall a program but this message appeared on after confirming deletion.. "unable to locate the installation log file C/:program files blah blah... Uninstallation will not continue. What could be the problem? Anyone help please~ ;)

Uninstall Norton [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Until I can fit a new system in my budget, I'm stuck with my Windows ME. How do I uninstall Norton Security and Norton Anti-virus system? At one point I did hit uninstall in the programs list, now I can't find it anywhere, it's not even in install/uninstall programs. Also when I try to...

How do I uninstall windows [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can you tell me how to uninstall windows 98, as I am trying to upgrade to windows 98 SE but when I load it on to p.c without unistalling windows98 I can't connect to internet , when I try to connect it keeps coming up this program has caused an illeegal operation and will be shut down. So...

View more questions Search