Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddyzinsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Where to start
    I'm trying to get a business grant to start a small business. What is the first step I need to take . I know there's money out there I just don't know where to start.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Go to your local public library. Talk to a reference librarian who will give you ideas on where to apply. He also will show you books on writing a grant proposal.
    reyes lujan Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Go to a College near you and ask for help to get a small business grant. You don't have to be a student there to get help and plus they have all the paper work you need and will help you write your proposal.
    GrantGopher Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2008, 01:46 AM
    Here was my answer to another very similar post:

Finding a grant to start a business is very difficult. If you are starting a non-profit, you may be able to get grants for "seed money" but a for-profit business is a different story. The truth is that most ads you see for free grants or free money to start your business are scams, or just reprints of government assistance programs that you could easily find yourself for free. Though, I will say that there are some grants available for artists, crafters, etc. but they aren't really designed for business start-ups.

Many cities have a business resource center, with SCORE counselors and other helpful people that can point you in the right direction. Another great place to start is your local chamber of commerce. They should know about (or maybe even offer) business development programs.

Also, there is a website - www.zopa.com that provides unsecured personal loans at a fairly low interest rate. The terms and amount depend on your credit score but this is a nice resource. It's not a grant, but if you have good credit, it's a way to get some start-up money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am desperately in need of a job. I don't have much job experience & also don't know which career to pursue. I have applied for several junior level jobs but most of them ask for experiences. Please, Can anybody tell me how to get a first start? I really want to work. But don't know what...

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

Where to start [ 2 Answers ]

We want to invest 30,000 per year and retire in 15yrs. How should we start and should we pay off our existing home loan?:eek: :eek:

How to start this! [ 2 Answers ]

At general Electric, shift 1 produced 4 times as much as shift 2. General Electric’s total production for July was 5,500 jet engines. What was the output for each shift.

View more questions Search