Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    croyez Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2005, 05:13 AM
    Feeding 2 week old puppies!!
    Okay,
    Are beagle had puppies just about 2 weeks ago,
    2 really good size a 1 a runt.

We have been bottle feeding them since the first day , cause are beagle had a C-secntion and we did not want to put her more pain..

I was wondering at what age can they drink/eat on there own...

AND

Is it okay if the runt is eating less?

Thanks! :confused: :( :o
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2005, 07:36 AM
    You can start offering them solid food now, but they may not eat any for another week. Pick up some dry puppy chow and add water to it at first. I hope you are using a puppy milk replacement formula and not cows' milk. Puppies can't digest the lactose in cows' milk. Make sure the runt is getting what he wants and is gaining weight. Less is OK, if so.

Sep 12, 2005, 08:06 AM
    Yes we are using puppy replacement formula...

She's gaining weight just not as fast as her sisters...

Should we use wet dog food? What brand is best?

Thanks
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2005, 08:34 AM
    Use a dry dog chow. They are better for dogs than the wet ones, and puppies may as well get started on one. Just add water to it at first. Nearly all the commercial brands are tested using AAFCO methods now and are at least adequate. If you are happy with what you are feeding the mother, stick with it. Be ready to send a little home when the puppies leave, so the new owners can ease into their favorite brand. I feed Pro Plan.

Sep 12, 2005, 09:21 AM
    Okay,

Will they eat on there own or will I need to feed them with like a spoon or something?

We are keeping all puppies,5 dogs running around are house :rolleyes:

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2005, 12:38 PM
    Just your finger might do better than the spoon. Dogs like a crowd.

Sep 12, 2005, 01:09 PM
    Really okay.

How much is good for puppy about 10oz-12oz weight.

THANK YOU!! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Miniature Dachsund Puppy Feeding [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of food should be given to a 5 week old mini doxie? I want to do whatever I can to prevent my little puppy from having long term back problems and need help on feeding

4 week old puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 week old Alaskan Malamute puppies and the mom doesn't always let them nurse for long. I would like to know if it is OK to let the pups start eating puppy chow? They all have teeth.

Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

My pug had two puppies they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. One just went to her new home today now the other puppy is acting kind of sad is it normal?

My pug puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 six week old pug puppies that don't want to wean from there mother they cry for her so I was wondering do I keep them away from her all times or what.thanks

Feeding 2 dashchund puppies [ 6 Answers ]

:D We just got two 8 weeks old brother and sister doxies, I'm a little confused as to how much to feed them. The breeder said to feed them two times a day, but I didn't catch how much and she is out of town for a week. We are feeding them Purina Puppy Chow and a little Avoderm. This is what the...

View more questions Search