Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hettie Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Sep 5, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Guinea pig poops in his food. Why?
    Why does my gineuea pig poop in it's food dish? It seems to do it all the time it does poop in other oparts of the cage as well and whenit is out of the cage ti poops everywhere!! I never knew such a small animal could poop soooooooo much, well I guess they not got much ctorage space lol. However is this pooping in food normal or is my little guy trying to tell me something. Also can u give them fruit I was thinking of apples or melon < rind> he enjoys cabbage leafs carrot and cucumber at mo so it was for a wee change any info would be great he seems happy enough in general always "talking"
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hettie
    why does my gineuea pig poop in it's food dish?. It seems to do it all the time it does poop in other oparts of the cage as well and whenit is out of the cage ti poops everywhere!!!! I never knew such a small animal could poop soooooooo much, well i guess they not got much ctorage space lol. However is this pooping in food normal or is my little guy trying to tell me something. Also can u give them fruit I was thinking of apples or melon < rind> he enjoys cabbage leafs carrot and cucumber at mo so it was for a wee change any info would be great he seems happy enough in general always "talking"
    Just a joke, but maybe it is telling you of what it thinks of its food. Ha ha ha.
    I don't really know, just thought I'd try to make you laugh.
    lubu Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Every guineau pig is unique, your guineau pig is probably using the dish as a toilet for it was probably using it all the time, it is kind of like a routine.

For example:

Your guinea pig may have poop on its food dish for one tie, thinking that it is OK it keeps on doing that and finally gets used to it. Not all guinea pigs do that but I guess it is normal so no worries.
    hammieslove Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Lettuce and cabbage make animals poop everywhere. Also raisins. Stop feeding him lettuce and cabbage and see what happens. If it doesn't improve you could buy him some medicine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Rabbit and Guinea Pig [ 1 Answers ]

We have a female rabbit and a male guinea pig living together in a 3 story cage. All has been great for about three months but now I notice they are each pulling out patches of each others hair? Are they fighting for the domain or maybe the femaile rabbit is in heat and the male pig senses this? We...

Guinea pig nails [ 10 Answers ]

I have two guinea pigs who are in desperate need of a pedicure. I've clipped there nails a few times myself... But I am scared to cut too much so I barely cut any off and there curling. One has grown "spurs" and they need to be removed as well. Should I contact a vet or a groomer? Vets do dog and...

View more questions Search