Ask
    kathydabarber Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 11:56 AM
    I love 2 men
    Is it possible to marry 2 men anywhere? I mean me marry 2 men? Legelly
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 11:58 AM
    No, for sure in the US, not sure anywhere else.

Other countries allow multiple wives, but I have never heard of multiple husbands.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Nope... no two right headed men would allow that even if it were legal.

You have to be a glutton for punishment to marry two or more women even where its legal. As if one wife's crap isn't enough for most men to deal with. I can't imagine dealing with 3 or 4 wives that are PMSing.

Sep 5, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Ahhh OK for the men but not for the women huh?? I almost agree if I were a man I couldn't put up with 2 women myself but my 2 men are best friends? And I love them both amazingly this is weird for only other people for us it seems right?? I have no one to talk to so I love the answers. Thank you. Some days I think I am crazy
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 12:10 PM
    As mentioned above, it is illegal in the United States.

**EDIT**

The proper term is bigamy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathydabarber
    ahhh OK for the men but not for the women huh???
    It is illegal in the US for a man to marry more than one woman, as well as a woman marrying more than one man. So, not it's not OKAY for the men.
    althena Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Look for some polyamory/polygamy forums/websites if you want to talk to other people like you. No, the relationship you describe is not common-place in the US. Either with society in general, or in the poly community. BUT, it isn't all that uncommon either. It just isn't something that mainstream society is comfortable with.

Now, can you legally marry two men in the US? Most definitely not. But there are other options. I'm not in a poly relationship but I know people who are. In one instance, one person is married to one person and not the other... but there are legal documents in place to provide protection for the 2nd partner.

Again, do a Google search for polyamory or pologymy. And know that, while society at large isn't comfortable with your relationship style, there's nothing inherently wrong about it as long as everyone in the relationship is in the relationship by choice, and is there with open eyes.

Here's a start...
    polyamory - Google Search
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathydabarber
    ahhh OK for the men but not for the women huh??? I almost agree if I were a man I couldn't put up with 2 women myself but my 2 men are best friends? and I love them both amazingly this is weird for only other people for us it seems right??? I have no one to talk to so I love the answers. thank you. some days I think I am crazy
    The only places its legal I know of are in several Middle eastern countries. But that's multiple wives. You aren't going to find two men who would tolerate this unless one both are bisexual. Trust me guys can be more territorial than women are.
    althena Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    The only places its legal I know of are in several Middle eastern countries. But thats multiple wives. You aren't going to find two men who would tolerate this unless one both are bisexual. Trust me guys can be more territorial than women are.

Actually, it isn't true that she can't find two men who would tolerate it. It *is* possible, it just isn't highly probable or common. But if the guys are aware of each other and are fine with the relationship dynamic. More power to them. If everyone isn't on the same page... *now* you have a serious problem, manipulation, etc etc.

Again, poly is not an easy path, it isn't a common relationship or even highly accepted, but it is possible and there are quite a few people in such relationships. Communication is the key, that and find people that are in similar relationships to talk to.
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by althena
    Actually, it isn't true that she can't find two men who would tolerate it. It *is* possible, it just isn't highly probable or common. But if the guys are aware of each other and are fine with the relationship dynamic. More power to them. If everyone isn't on the same page... *now* you have a serious problem, manipulation, etc etc.

Again, poly is not an easy path, it isn't a common relationship or even highly accepted, but it is possible and there are quite a few people in such relationships. Communication is the key, that and find people that are in similar relationships to talk to.
    Oh I didn't say she couldn't find two guys up for it... Just said its unlikely. There is always someone up for any specific thing you can dream of, however perverted or not. Finding that person is another thing.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I'm not exactly sure but I had heard of something like this in Kuwait. Oprah had a show about women in different countries and Kuwaiti women are like queens! They are really looked after and have many privileges.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 04:24 PM
    It's not LEGAL to marry 2 people.

If, however, all 3 people are open, honest, and in agreement on the rules for the relationship, a loving relationship between 3 people CAN work.

I highly suggest that you do look up polyamory. It doesn't work for most people, but it DOES work occasionally. It's more work than a usual one-on-one relationship, and it requires TOTAL honesty and communication--no secrets worse than hiding a surprise Christmas gift from each other, at all.

But no.. it's not legal, and it's not generally accepted in society.

Sep 11, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Thanks for all the answers guys and girls just goes to show there are a lot of people with a lot of info and an answer for anything and I appreciate it! There has to be communication and lots of love. And it can be amazing and I mean in in my heart amazing thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

I'm in love with 2 men what should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a relationship and have been for 5 years,I have known this man since I was 16 and was my true love.I was married but at the end of my relationship I called him up and we had sex the day after he got married but never told me that before.Years later we got together and had broken up once...

What do men really want? No one under 18 please. [ 24 Answers ]

Okay help me understand something, please. I have come to realize that one way to get what you want from a man is to withhold sex until he agrees of course I have been told I was wrong by people who just don't want their girlfriends to find out about this new trick. Okay but what are other ways I...

View more questions Search