Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desperado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 11:49 AM
    OTR Driver
    I have 2+ years otr. In 01/03 I caught a dui in a big truck and also a felony possession of firearm. Nothing on my record other than these. The firearm was for protection. Had to drop my cdl. Have not drank since, even took myself to an intensive rehab program and completed it. I want back into otr driving but am running into brick wall's. Are there any companies that will give a chance on this. Was parked at scale house when it happened.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
    I don't know of any companies. The fact that you were actually in a company truck and presumably on company time at the time of the dui really doesn't look very good at all. As far as employability by a trucking company, 2003 wasn't really all that long ago. I know that some insurance companies won't even consider insuring you to drive until a mandatory waiting period of a clean driving record has passed. The felon in possession of a firearm just further adds to the problem. I would think that the issue of insurance and liability for any company would be the main issues.

Just continue to stay clean, and who knows? Maybe you might just have another chance at OTR someday. Maybe someone has a better answer, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver Magic -- Auto Driver Updater [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a software program from Symplis it SymplisIT Corporation - Downloads & Updates I installed program, updated with version 1.1.1 update ---It appeared to install correctly, And update was successfully. The problem is an error message when I launch it... ( ERROR : RUN TIME ERROR...

OTR Truck Driving [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know if someone has any knowledge where a felon can get into OTR Trucking? I have a felony that is six years old and before it's said I can't get a HazMat... I received mine 6/26/2007, I did not commit an offense that was violent,drug related, espionage, or anything the TSA says puts me...

Rewiring from range hood to otr microwave oven [ 1 Answers ]

How do you switch from a 15 amp to a 20 amp to change from a range hood to an otr microwave oven?

CDL Driver hunting an OTR job [ 2 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon (Obtaining property by false pretense) (BAD CHECKS) and I an seeking to continue my LEGAL career as a CDL OTR driver, does anyone have a clue who might perhaps hire me? I'm an excellent driver w/ a clean North Carolina DMV Report.

View more questions Search