Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Who should I pick?
    I am in a last man standing pool (you can only pick the team once). Who should I pick for week one? I don't really follow football, but got roped into this pool.
    bayareaslapzz Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Is the poool where you choose the losing team for the week? Or the winning team?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Winning
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:01 PM
    What teams have already been picked?
    bayareaslapzz Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2007, 01:29 PM
    The strategy is to pick last years good team to play last years bad team.

I would always pick Indianapolis Colts to win every week but they are playing the New Orleans Saints. Which will be probably the best game to watch this week since both teams are #1 in their division last year.

This week , you should pick the New England Patriots... they are playing the New York Jets.

But that's what I would pick.
    dbc925 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2007, 04:44 AM
    There are a couple of suggestions when picking your teams for this kind of pool.

The first is that you want to avoid road divisional favorites at all costs. This is the biggest sucker bet in these pools.

Meaning don't pick New England. I'm not saying that they won't win, but there are better picks on the board.

I like to stay away from road teams in general, if I can - but the longer you go into the season, the more difficult this becomes since you can only pick a team once per season.

Because of that rule, you have to use some strategy - do I use up all the top teams at the beginning of the year and hope to make some lucky guesses later? Or vice versa? I say save the Colts/Chargers/Bears/etc. for later.

Look for home teams with good matchups. This week's team beat their opponent 23-7 AT the opponent's stadium at the end of last year. This week's team has their core returning on both offense and defense. This week's team's opponent is making the longest possible road trip in the NFL.

This week's team?

Take Seattle over Tampa Bay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Should I Pick Up MY Daschund? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and my family and I just got a adorable Long-Haired Daschund Puppy named "Piccolo"! He is great. He is so cute, wonderful, adorable, playful, and fun... but he is also very curious and squirmy... Anyways I have a question/problem Well I love to pick up "Piccolo" because he is so...

Trying to pick the right dog(s) [ 16 Answers ]

A week ago a friend of mine told me he's giving me one of the 12 pups his Doberman gave birth to. The father is a Rottie , so immedietly I was enthused since I've had an empty kennel ready for a dog about 6 months ago. The pup was 5 weeks old when I got him and I took care or him , fed him , played...

Who do I pick: The one I like or the one I love? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I used to be in a relationship for 1 year and 5 months but my ex broke up with me because according to her I was acting stupid. At first, it was hard to let her go so I would text her and call her like crazy and she would act like a . Also, I had asked her to go with me to prom and she would...

Who Do I Pick [ 11 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone of you watch Greys Anotomy but how Maridith had to pick between the vet or Doctor well I have a same thing I'm not that old in middle school bu my way ia why go out with someone if you can't see yourself with them forever anyway... :confused: so about my problem person lets...

Dodge pick up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 pick up 5.9 litre . My tachometer has stopped working. Any suggestions on where to begin trouble shooting?

View more questions Search