Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beatlejuice Posts: 63, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Comment on silentrascal's post
    Who care who translated it. We still have the original greek and hebrew texts to reference if there is discrepancy
    beatlejuice Posts: 63, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 25, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Comment on Tj3's post
    Right on !
    hossbonnam Posts: 62, Reputation: 9

Oct 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
    who or whatever JESUS is has to be good. After I was baptised I really did feel all my sins were washed away and the church loved me as one of there own. I still have memories of my sinful hayday. I am a changed for the better man now however I still continue to sin in other ways.

Some people say that I am going to hell no matter what. The bible says that the ones thought to be first will be last and the ones last to be first.

Ive always believed in god and have felt his presence in my life at all times.
    the jesus thing is all new to me and Im still not comfortable worshiping his name.

I always thought there was one god , only one. Most of the writings and teachings of jesus was while he was a man. Im still pondering on that one.

I am very much in touch with my heart, mind, soul, body, logic circuits, faith, etc. And through it all I can still say that we are only human with animalistic instincts. We all have the same basic needs for survival that supercede any philosophy.

No matter how christianity can be and is written off in peoples minds, I would rather be more like jesus (or what he represents) than anything in this world.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Nov 15, 2007, 12:04 AM
    This is an opinion gathering post as far as I can tell. It's interesting to note that some are using this post to spread Christianity views. You must understand that there are others with different religions. Learn to respect their views instead of trying to push Christianity on them. If you must do that, start another thread.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Dec 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? no trick, just want to discuss...
    Thank you for the opportunity to elaborate on who Jesus is to me and why I feel the way I do. Jesus is My Lord, My Savior, My God and principally ONE in The Holy Trinity. Who else has been known to forfeit their life for the Salvation of mankind, except Jesus! Who else would submit to unbearable whippings and made to carry His cross to Calvary, except Jesus! Who else is capable of Forgiving you of your sins and allowing you to pass into Eternal Life in Heaven, except Jesus!

The following Holy Scriptures speak of Jesus, the Christ.

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared HIM." JOHN 1:18 [KJV]

When people ask about Jesus Christ, who He is and if He is the Son of God, those in the know should be proud to reply with the following Scripture: "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from Heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." LUKE 3:22 [KJV]

There is a very good reason why God has sent His Only Begotten Son into the world.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His ONLY begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." JOHN 3:16 [KJV] This Scripture tells us quite plainly that " ... whosoever BELIEVETH in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." So, for those who do not believe in Him, and there are many, they should not hope to have everlasting life in Heaven or to be Saved since they do not BELIEVE in Jesus who is the only ONE who can give Salvation unto mankind. But then, why should non-believers want to go to Heaven, to a beautiful eternal place where there is no torment and suffering, in the first place, since they are not aligned with Jesus or God!

For those who want to know who Fathered Jesus, the answer is in the following Scripture. "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as His mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost." MATTHEW 1:18 [KJV]

After Jesus' birth and when He started His ministry and mission, He was rejected by jealous Jews who were in a leadership position and He was sent to the Roman governor to be executed. "When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus and put Him to death: And when they had bound Him, they led Him away, and delivered Him to Pontius Pilate the governor." MATTHEW 27:1-2 [KJV]

Jesus, who came to lovingly give us SALVATION was mocked, whipped, beaten and crucified at Calvary. He suffered much under Pontius Pilate and died but RESURRECTED on the third day and remained for forty days and nights and was seen by His apostles and many others during that time. He could eat, be touched, etc. This is further proof of His God-self and again, I would have to ask who else has been known to do this, to suffer so much pain for mankind and to die just to deliver us from sin? Jesus, whom some do not believe in, was one "Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judge the righteously:" 1 PETER 2:22, 23 [KJV]

That is why HE means so much to me! His Love pours forth with His cup of kindness and goodness, mercy and compassion for mankind and how mankind, in turn, treats Him is abominable. But the Law of Cause and Effect (What you sow, that will you also reap) comes into play here just as sure as you have read these words. Every one who rejects Him cannot expect to have their soul saved at the time of their passing. After all, how could He know you if you do not want to know Him? Again, many will not want to have their soul saved but I do, that much is CERTAIN! And in being BORN AGAIN in the Name of Jesus, we can assure that we will go to Heaven at our appointed time. That is the best INSURANCE anyone in this world could ever hope to have! But for those still not convinced, you know the saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". That is something they will have to personally contend and struggle with and their conscience. I will not place myself in that kind of position. I give ALL GLORY to God through His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ! I praise His Most Holy Name!

For those wanting to know what Jesus continues to do for us, it is answered in this Scripture: "For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into Heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:" HEBREWS 9:24 [KJV] What better assurance and insurance could I possibly have than in knowing that Jesus will be before God when I pass on to give me Salvation since I believe and have given my life to Him! Personally, I would never want to risk not being Saved just to be stubborn and not believe in Jesus, after all, what would it cost me later on? What would I have to lose? SALVATION and my SOUL when I pass on, that's what, and that is a Price Too High to have to pay!

The Holy Bible addresses those who do not wish to understand Jesus or who reject Him and who are anti-God: "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 CORINTHIANS 2:14 [KJV]

Thank you again for asking the important question of who Jesus is to me and what He means to me and for allowing me to give my testimony as to why I feel the way I do. PRAISE OUR GOD and SAVIOR JESUS ALWAYS!!!
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    My Lord, my Savior and my God.
    Great answer! I would add, "My Love and my Life".
    Rinacakes1991 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Jesus is my savior & the son of god. I disagree with any who say he is part of some trinity. That would completely take away from the ransom sacrifice.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Dec 7, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? no trick, just want to discuss...
    I think there's a reasonable chance Jesus existed. Whoever he was, he was an increbibly interesting person though.

I think it's most likely that he was a very gentle person who espoused some very good wisdom to live by. He was likely smart. A lot of people think he was a nutcase. I'm not saying that, but he was most likely dellusional (if he existed). He was certainly an apocolyptic.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinacakes1991
    Jesus is my savior & the son of god. I disagree with any who say he is part of some trinity. That would completly take away from the ransom sacrafice.

Why would you say that it takes away from the sacrifice?
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

May 26, 2009, 03:57 PM

Jesus a man whose true name in english happens to be joshua. He is the word of god made into flesh and crowned King of all. His name means the deliverer and the title his earthly admirers respond to ,Christ, means one anointed. He is God anointed king and deliverer of all.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 26, 2009, 04:04 PM

God in the flesh. When you've seen the visible Jesus, you've seen the invisible Father.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

May 26, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Jesus is the Light of my life, my Lord and Savior. My everlastasting life,the God of my salvation. He gave my His love so I could love others, for love is of God and everone
    who loves is born of God and knows God. Jesus is my Peace, He will keep in perfect
    peace, whoes mind is fixed on Him. Jesus is my forgiver and has covered all my sin.
    He is my Righteousness, who know no sin to be sin for me, that I might become the
    righteousness of God in Him. He is my Deliverer, for the law of the Spirt of Life in
    Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
    He has opened my eyes so I can see, and opened my ears so I can hear.
    He is my Strength, my Hope and Joy, Companion, Security, sufficiency and Guardian.
    Jesus is my Fulfillment, He satisfies my longing soul, and fills my hungry soul with
    goodness. I delight myself in the Lord, and He shall give me the desires of my heart.
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for rightousness, for they shall be filled.
    Jesus is my teacher who tought me how to pray, and whatever thing you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.
    Jesus has given us so many gifts to abide in, faith, hope, love but the greatest of these is love.Everything we do, or don't do, face, and don't face is touched by God's
    continuing love. Everything about us hinges on our love because God, who is love,
    created us in his image. Jesus demonstrated His amazing love for us by dying for
    our sins. Christ's love goes on forever for the ones that love Him!
    This is Jesus to me, who I love with all my heart, soul, mind and being!

Love and Blessings Maggie 3
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 27, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Jesus is my "The Best Friend". HE loves me, HE cares for me, HE consequences me when I stray away and forgives me when I repent. HE is the one whom I always pray first to, for HIS blessings, before I start a new thing. HE is the one who gets all the credits to whatever I accomplish. HE is the one from whom I get my rescue when the weather is rough or I mess up. HE is the one whom I would see after the death, though I wish I could see HIM, coming down from Heaven, while I am on this earth.

May 27, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist View Post
    Jesus was just a man if he really existed, & I believe he did. He was not the son of God, not the christ, not a prophet. I doubt he really said most of the things the New Testament ascribes to him, & if he did then he was probably mentally unstable. Many men in modern times have claimed to be God & duped people into dying for them (e.g., Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite). There were many others before Jesus who made this claim, & many after him. If Jesus really thought he was God then he was just another Jim Jones or David Koresh, & billions have been duped into believing it.
    Picking from your own post, the difference between Jesus and Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite etc. is that others who "claimed to be God & duped people into dying for them", Jesus did not dupe anyone to die with HIM.

Jesus had told us 2000 years ago, that there would be many who would claim to be Jesus and make people follow them. And that's true. That happened in the past and is happening now and will continue to happen till the second coming of Jesus.

My friend be aware that HIS second is near and we are in the End Times, though nobody knows the day and hour. But we have been warned.

May 27, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doffy View Post
    he's just a made up character of the jews... there's a god...but the existence of jesus is yet to be proven...
    Let me update you here my friend, and this is the latest that many Jews have already accepted Lord Jesus as their saviour. Therefore, existence of Jesus had already been proved, some 2000 years ago.

May 27, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superwario99 View Post
    he is not a god
    I agree. He is not a god. HE is God.

May 27, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post
    This is an opinion gathering post as far as I can tell. It's interesting to note that some are using this post to spread Christianity views. You must understand that there are others with different religions. Learn to respect their views instead of trying to push Christianity on them. If you must do that, start another thread.
    Every persons's views are respected here. No one is put down but an effort is made to show the other side of the coin because Jesus has told us to spread HIS name. So people are making best use of this opportunity.

May 27, 2009, 11:12 AM
    This is such a good questions asked.

Did anybody notices how many people have posted the response. How many people we have come to see who were there but we never knew them.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Triund View Post
    Let me update you here my friend, and this is the latest that many Jews have already accepted Lord Jesus as their saviour. Therefore, existance of Jesus had already been proved, some 2000 years ago.
    Indeed! We find evidence of the truth of Jesus not just in scripture, but in many other ancient writings, the authors of which, in some cases, were strongly opposed to Christianity. There is no basis whatsoever for the claim that Jesus did not or may not have existed. There may be some who question if He was God as He claimed, but no one has any basis for questioning His existence.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 10:42 PM
    To me Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.
    He is also my master and religious teacher.
    That pretty well covers it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jesus, Your Name [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Michael Oaks, I am 74 years young and need desperately to find the artists name to a contemporary Christian song that I heard around 1985 from my home in Grants Pass, Oregon. The station originated from Redding California. I have long since lost the tape; however I would love to know...

What Would Jesus Do? [ 11 Answers ]

An American Preacher once said to me (through the God Channel, Sky Channel 760) that, when I am faced with every day travails (such as which way up to have my eggs) I should ask myself “What Would Jesus Do?” You can imagine the difficulty this has now given me, having not read all of the bible,...

Jesus was. [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated debate on the subject of the ethnicity and nationality of Jesus. One by one they offered their evidence: Jesus was... Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated debate on the subject of the ethnicity and...

Jesus is a way ? [ 54 Answers ]

If jesus christ is the only way as the bible says. What is the fate of millions of people born into other religions as it seems thatmost peoples beliefs are as a result of the fact that they were born into a particular faith and their parents thought them to follow that faith?

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search