Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Found Metal Chunks In Mcdonalds Ice Cream
    Hi everyone, hope your all doing well. I was wondering if I could get some advice. 3 days ago me and my step daughter who's 11 years old, were at Mcdonalds and we ordered 2 ice cream cones. Driving on the way home, the little girl told me she had found something in her ice cream, I blew it off like it wa a frozen particle or a sprinkle or something. She then said she found another one and I pulled over to look at it and it was a actual metal piece big enough to be felt in here mouth. I looked down at mine and it had grey spots all through it, which were metal stainless steel metal shavings as well as her's was full of them. We came home and I took a magnet and sure enough, it stuck to it instantly. We took the cones back and the mangager observed them, she then grabbed a sundae cup and did a test. The ice cream machine was closed instatntly do to her findings of metal in her cup. She took our cones from us( I should have kept them) and only offered a apology and our $2 back. I called head office and reported it and he told us to go to the doctor immediately and get checked out since we had eaten half of these cones. Today we gota call back for the district supervisor and all he did was thank us for letting them know about the situation, asked if the little girl was OK ( not me) and he said the machine they used to disperse ice cream had a bent part and was grinding the metal into ours and whoever else's ice cream that day. I feel I would like something done about this, does anyone have any advice? Thanks a lot and keep up the good work on here. Leeboy...
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I'm not sure what you want done here. It would appear that McDonald's was not negligent in their handling of the situation. They shut down the ice cream dispenser as soon as the problem was confirmed.

If they don't release a statement to the public, informing others that might have unknowingly eaten metal shards, that could be grounds for negligence. That would not affect you, however.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Did you go to the doctor? Have you two suffered physically because of the metal bits?

If not, I would not make an issue of this. You would be horrified if you knew what you were eating along with your food. A coworker almost ate a large insect that was nestling in a fast-food salad. (He was thanked and got coupons for free salads.) I found a human hair imbedded in an Entemann's coffeecake recently. (I picked it out and threw it away, hoping the baking process killed any germs.)

Of course, knowing there are sometimes foreign objects in purchased food doesn't excuse McDonald's, but the manager did close down the machine and the district supervisor was nice enough to call you to tell you what had produced the bits and to thank you for noticing/reporting the bits in the ice cream.

What would you want "done about this"? Seems like it's been taken care of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

Ice cream parlour [ 2 Answers ]

I am 19 years old and my friend is 26 we've have been thinking about starting up our own business but we really don't know where to start we have an idea of what we want to do its just getting going

Last minute ice cream shoppers... [ 6 Answers ]

I have heard it said from friends who work in ice cream busisness, and I now that I too work with one, WHat in the world is with you last minute ice cream shoppers? We close at 9pm and we will get a rush of like 15 people at between 8 54 and 8 57 pm. Which means although we are supposed to get...

Head from skin falling off in chunks [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what's wrong with me. The skin on my head is falling off in chunks. There is no appearance of any marks or sores on my head... does anyone know what's wrong with me?

View more questions Search