Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Mattel Recall - As serious as it sounds?
    Most of you who talk with me know that I have a 4 year old son. Over the last few weeks I have been watching in the news about all the recalls, and diligently removing the affected toys from my sons reach... Now, yesterday, they released yet another recall of toys, and as a parent I am trying to figure out if it is really as bad as all the hype. I care for my son, and never want to intentionally put him in harms way, but how bad are we talking here? I was watching a news program this morning where a doctor said that if your kids had played with any of these toys for at least a month, you should take them and have their lead levels looked at... seriously? He said that we, as american parents, should just get rid of any toy made in China as a precaution. He said, its better to be safe, once they are affected, there is no getting rid of it... Is this really necessary? I don't want to harm my son, but it seems a little like over-kill.. I don't want to have to explain to my child why I am throwing away his beloved toy if not necessary... not to mention that his birthday is today, and he will be getting new toys as presents.. how do I handle this kind of situation?. or is this just another "razor in the halloween candy" scenario? The media is so unreliable... any opinions here...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    should go ahead and just get rid of any toy made in China as a precaution.
    That's about 80% of the toys in your house. :)
    I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Haven't removed any toys from the house yet.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 07:11 AM
    I know! That's what I was getting at... it sounds like over-kill to me, but when I act like its nothing to my mother or sisters, they seem to think it isn't, so I'm confused...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 07:13 AM
    You're a mom, trust your instincts. We shouldn't be running around scared all the time.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Thanks for the opinion. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just being ignorant here living in denial or something...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mattel dolls, 1980 [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 dolls approx 7cm high with oversized heads& really skinny bodys. The male is dressed 60's pencil thin pants (rather like the Beatles), 1 girl has blonde hair wearing a red spotted dress the other has dark brown hair. They all have M.I 1980 Taiwan stamped on the back of their heads. I...

Password Recall [ 5 Answers ]

On some occasions, when I type in a user name then go to enter a password, I get a message asking if I want to have Windows remember the password. If I do, then the next time I enter my user name and click on the password block, the password is automatically loaded. Question--is there a way to...

Cat Food Recall [ 4 Answers ]

Can somebody please direct me to a list of the brands of cat food being recalled so my poor kitty doesn't die. Thanks :(

Diamond dogfood recall WARNING! [ 4 Answers ]

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST FAR AND WIDE Subject: DIAMOND Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:23:45 EST You may think the Diamond food scare is over, or that only a limited amount of product is involved. Not so. On Monday, March 6 - after 3 feedings of Diamond's Premium Edge Chicken, Rice and Vegetables...

Diamond Pet food recall [ 5 Answers ]

This is either legit or a very well done hoax, http://www.diamondpetrecall.com/ Ran this through both Hoaxbusters and Urban Legends. Neither confirmed or denied it. It seems to me I have seen some good comments on Diamond. One advantage of Pro Plan, I am sure a recall would be big news.

View more questions Search