Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234ever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Toilet Flushing Problems
    We have two toilets back to back. One works without any difficulty. The other however has been giving us some problems for awhile. It will flush, but the water doesn't go down all the way sometimes. If you put more water in the seat while it is flushing it goes down every time. I cleaned the underside of the rim with a hanger and removed some built up particles. Adjusted the chain on the handle to take the slack out. Installed new flapper. Made sure the water return was completely open. Plunged as well, but no difference seen. Any further suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Sep 7, 2007, 08:38 AM
    After further reading with others problems... I decided to use an old butter knife and clean out what I think is referred to as the "blow hole" and my goodness the mineral build up that came out! So far the toilet if flushing. Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 7, 2007, 08:50 AM
    You have cleaned mineral build up from the jet allowing a normal flush. Congratulations on saving yourself a hefty repair bill. Regards, Tom

Sep 7, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Hope it works in the long run. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New toilet not flushing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am Meriel My husband and I have just installed a new toilet. We are remodeling our bathroom and we are having a problem with our new toilet! It does not want to flush it takes two or three flushes to empty the bowl and it gets a big air bubble. We are not new to remodeling but this...

Toilet not flushing [ 3 Answers ]

We have to jiggle the handle to get it to flush. Cistern is filling up OK. What can we do ourselves or do we need to get a plumber in?

Toilet not flushing toilet paper! [ 3 Answers ]

Why will our new toilet flush more solid waste but not toilet paper & less solid waste? We have just bought it & are in middle of having bathroom installed & the plumber is blaming the toilet & the fact it is quite narrow at the bottom of the pan inside. It has no trouble with getting rid of other...

Toilet not flushing all the way [ 1 Answers ]

I just put in a new toilet and it will not flush all the way down if you put a bucket of water down it then it will flush . I had the septic tank emptyed it did not fix the problem.

Toilet not flushing [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet has stopped flushing. The water is in the cistern and if I push the ball down the water fills up. It feels like there s no pressure when I push the handle. I have no plumbing knowledge at all so could you tel me what is causing this and how I can fix it without calling a plumber if...

View more questions Search