Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    Run don't walk away from this guy. Unless you are really a sucker or a glutton for punishment. Many of these guys are con men and thats why they are in jail.

The chances of him being what he claims to be and what you seem to think he is, is extremely remote.
    I agree with you smoothy; drop him! Stop writing letters! HE IS IN PRISON BECAUSE HE BROKE THE LAW AND GOT CAUGHT. These guys are very good manipulators some can "put on an act that you wouldn't believe-----------nothing but trouble and heartache ahead if you don't.

There are thousands of great guys out here that are not 'cut from the same stone" that this guy is.

"Drug conspiracy" You have no idea (except for what he is telling you) what this even means or how long he has been using or selling drugs. Gang

:mad:
    Business Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ImMissCurious
    for example...when he is a free man and he is still writing to me and is not in prison anymore then where is the con? surely that would say that he is just interested in still writing to me and not conning me...give me examples so i can see your point of view
    What almost everyone, (are you listening: almost everyone) is saying Miss Curious is that he has now had every opportunity to become a con in every sense, even if he wasn't one before he got caught (doubt it). But remember not all con men are in jail and all the people in jail are not cons (meaning; pulling a con). For example; men in the local prison were making a lot of calls to local people telling them there was some sort of an emergency and they were desperate and needed money. Most people just hang up, but what about the kind hearted elderly lady or gentleman who wants to help, they listen to them. By the way, the cons use the public phone and just go down a numerical list of numbers and then call "collect."
    Business Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 10:16 PM
    And there is something very curious here----can you really be this naïve?
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 11, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Ms. Curios... I do not think the whole thing is worth it... but if you are so attached to him which I find so weird... I do agree with bushg do ask about his case and you will be able to find out more about him... although I still recommend that you do not involve yourself that mush in this relationship.

Ms. Redrose
    ImMissCurious Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2007, 02:18 AM
    bushg, do you no the website that I can log on to, to find out all his crimes, he is in prison in PA Allenwood in white deer in the medium security prison
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Miss You would have to know the county that he committed the crime in. If you go to that prisons website and look him up it may have the location that the crime was committed in.

Sep 11, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I have tried and I don't really understand how to
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Federal Prisons at the top of this page you will see the inmate locator click on that and enter the man's name. From there you may be able to get more informaton such as county crime committed in. If you get that then if you post county I will try to look up a court website for that county. But really all you would have to do is Google it up. Good luck *edit* Pennsylvania Department of Corrections This is probably the one you will need.

Sep 11, 2007, 07:22 AM
    I already been to that and it just told me his release date
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:27 AM
    OK I just went to the site, I typed in john smith... look at the heading it will tell you which county he committed the crime in, form there you can go to that county's website.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 07:57 AM
    At least I can give you a lot of credit to ask before you jump in blind. Writing to people in jail is like talking on the internet, you can never know if they are truly honest in the things they say, or their motivations and intentions. In both cases err on the side of caution, and your original post had me, and everyone else very concerned, that you are falling for a guy you know nothing about, except what he represented in letters. He is in jail for a reason, and that in itself says be very careful. Also know that how he adjust after he is out is a big factor in his character as he has may obstacles to overcome (job, support himself honestly) just to keep from going back to his life of crime. I hope you think before any kind of involvement with him at all. Writing may be innocent, but you are still letting him in your life, and can get burned for it, if you are not cautious as to the info you convey, or personnel matters you give him. (identity theft) Do yourself a favor, and have a real life where you don't need these kinds of people in it, and where I understand your doing the christian thing, there are plenty of needy people to help, who are free and not criminals. Since you don't think like a criminal you are way out of your league, and in danger, if he is not the nice guy he portrays. A big ocean, will not protect you against some one with bad intentions, or his friends.

Sep 12, 2007, 02:37 AM
    bushg, he doesn't seem to be found on that website but he was located on the first website but no details were given
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 05:41 AM
    As others have advised you, please consider - very seriously - not to follow through with this guy. My daughter's bio-dad has been in and out of many prisons, and mostly for drug related charges from possession to selling to manufacturing and selling. He never learned! The money was too easy to make and there was a great deal of money to be had. Plus he liked drugs. Unless this guy you are writing to has undergone a redemption, he will likely be at his old game once he gets out of prison. You do not know who all is in his past and who would come looking for him, once he is out. If they find him, they find you. To some of those people involved in drug dealing, who they find is not so important, as long as they can relay their message. I say this in all honesty and as sincere as I can be.

As the others have said, there are guys you can meet in real life right where you are. Take your saviour complex and find someone else to use it on. Not the guy in prison, as I am sure he has you figured out well by now and the rest of your history will be sad, if you do not stop it now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 05:52 AM
    I have worked with inmates for years, and normally they actually share letters they write to other ladies, and use them as copies to make sure they are saying things the ladies like.

And yes they will often write for several months and then all of a sudden need money for an attorney or money for some ( something).
    While not all are scams about 4 out of 5 love letters sent out of prison to girls they have not meet arer scams.

And the others often are just loney guyes that like to get some mail from someone.

I can't tell you this is not true, but I can say that don't let your hearrt make these choices, be very careful

Sep 12, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Hi Guys, I took bushg's advised and located my penpal online, I actually found a website which located him and told me all the details I wanted to know about him. This is his first time in prison and had a clean record before this sentence. He was sentenced for attempting to conspire. It also tells that he was in good health which I'm not sure wheather that meant "not a drug user". I am going to try and find out more.
    meddale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Don't plan on meeting him for at least 6 mo after he is released from jail. His interests will change drasticly believe me. My answere : write to him as a friend, forget the romance . Its not wrong to have the fantasy feelings you have, just don't act on them.
    Business Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meddale
    dont plan on meeting him for at least 6 mo after he is released from jail. His interests will change drasticly believe me. My answere : write to him as a friend, forget the romance . Its not wrong to have the fantasy feelings you have, just dont act on them.
    Couldn't have said it better myself meddale. Remember the old T.V. series "Lost in Space?"

"Danger, Danger, Danger, Will Robertson!!"

Seriously we all sense trouble for you, and have your best interests in mind.
    star3114 Posts: 234, Reputation: 44

Sep 17, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Okay, my heart sank when I read your post. My sister-in-law got sucked into the same thing. She met a guy in prision and he snowballed her. Convinced her that he was this upstanding citizen that was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Within weeks of his release he was living with her and her daughter. She was convinced after writing and speaking with this guy for several months that she really knew him... she was wrong. The deceit continued for many years... we tried to convince her that something wasn't right, but she wouldn't listen. She thought that we were being too hard on this "wonderful fellow". I think she convinced herself this was the best that she deserved. Well, in the end she lost everything that she has spent years building... except her daughter. She will never be the same either.
    As much as you want to believe these guys, there is a reason they are in prison. Any bad habits they had going in there get worse when they are in a cage for months on end. People don't go to prision to improve their moral character. Please honey, save yourself the heartache. Stay away from this fellow. Find someone not in prision. Prision guys will say whatever they need to to string you along. He probably is looking for a place to stay when he gets out. Please leave him be. You deserve better.
    NeedAdvise2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ImMissCurious View Post
    I have been writing to a man in America for 3 months now, and i have seen pictures of him and have asked him every question i can think of. Only thing that worries me slightly is that he is in prison. He is a really nice person and is so loving in his letters, he is very passionate and and well educated. He's 29. I am always daydreaming about him and what it would be like to meet him. I'm always fantasizing about him. Anyway in his last letter he said that he would like us to meet when he leaves prison! Am i being stupid by having these feelings and is it a bad idea to meet him??? please help!

He is in prison for drug conspriacy and has been inside for 6years so far. i really like him!

He lives in America and i live in England

Girl Don't get sucked in like I did all the letters and writtien eventually wear off. All the Fantacy finally comes to real raw reality. Check this out all men can do when they are locked up is write letters they have all day to write letters. Time is all they have on there hands. What you need to to be asking this man is this? What kind of rapure does he have with is mom and dad Dig a little deeper. Understand he is in Jail for a reason? I know all too well because me being stupid I got married to an Inmate Myhusband is still locked up now as we speak. Call me the Stupid one But what ever you do? Clear your head and Wake UP. See between the LINES... RUN THE other way...
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 08:10 AM

This post is TWO YEARS OLD.

Please watch dates when responding.

Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Prison sperm. [ 45 Answers ]

I know this will sound odd to all of you but my husband is in prison and I desperately want to conceive. If he is given a condom to use, how long will the sperm last in the condom for me to try and inseminate myself. I know what you guys are thinking... crazy but all I want to know is how long...

Prison rules [ 2 Answers ]

Under what circumstances are incarcerated felons permitted to marry while serving their sentences?

Prison visitations [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was just placed at Camp Hill prison to get classified. Does anyone know how long it will take before he could receive visitation? I know for the 1st 10 days there are no calls or visits, but I heard that it can take up to 2 months for him to get his approved list back? Should I just...

In prison for hearing [ 7 Answers ]

What happens when someone is in prison for a hearing?

Prison [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, quick question: Is prison a good idea?

View more questions Search