Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 02:54 AM
    Where is the Kid in you?
    I always have loved cartoons, but not all cartoons, I have my favourites

Some of them include
    Bugs Bunny,Daffy Duck,Woody Woodpecker and most other Looney Tunes even Baby Looney Tunes.
    Popeye,Alladdin,Little Mermaid,Thundercats,Captain Planet,Fern Gully the Last Rainforest,Emperors New Groove,Madagascar.
    Recently I have been watching Courage the cowardly Dog, the Grim Tales of the Reaper (I think that is the name),

All time favourite fairy tale would be Beauty and the Beast,The Prince and the pauper.

Does anyone remember the "Mole Story", I think that is the name,but I couldn't find it on the net. It was popular around 88-90.The beginning of each episode the mole flies off with an umbrella and it lands upside down in the water.
    One of my favourite episode was when the mole finds some paints and colours every animal and everything in the forest and they scare a fox away.

What are your favourites and show us the kid in you:p
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 03:40 AM
    Good topic, especially for parents. Great parents have never lost their sense of wonder and remember what it was like to be a kid and can see the world through a child's eyes.

I remember loving the Flintstones, Thunderbirds, Spiderman.
    I watch all the kids' movies once with them, even go to the big screen now and then (Cars, Finding Nemo, etc.).
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Oh, I forgot about "Finding Nemo",I loved it.
    Thanks Nk for reminding...

That's beautifully said, as long as we parents remember the kid in us, we will find things that we can enjoy with our children.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 10:28 AM
    I loved david the gnome, little Koala and Grimms fairy tale adventures as a kid... as for my favorite movies, dark crystal, labyrinth and Legend were my tops... I loved the muppet things by Jim Henson...

I have Cars memorized... My son's fave movie.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I always have loved cartoons, but not all cartoons, I have my favourites

some of them include
    Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck,Woody Woodpecker and most other Looney Tunes even Baby Looney Tunes.
    Popeye, Alladdin, Little Mermaid, Thundercats, Captain Planet, Fern Gully the Last Rainforest, Emperors New Groove, Madagascar.
    Recently I have been watching Courage the cowardly Dog, the Grim Tales of the Reaper (I think that is the name),

All time favourite fairy tale would be Beauty and the Beast,The Prince and the pauper.

Does anyone remember the "Mole Story", I think that is the name,but I couldnt find it on the net. It was popular around 88-90.The beginning of each episode the mole flies off with an umbrella and it lands upside down in the water.
    One of my favourite episode was when the mole finds some paints and colours every animal and everything in the forest and they scare a fox away.

What are your favourites and show us the kid in you:p
    I love many of the early ones that you list above. I would also include Captain Kangaroo, Howdy Doody (dating myself here!), Johnny Qwest and the Jetson's. Since you have mentioned cartoons, I hope you don't mind my going into the comic book realm just a little bit. Some cartoons were also made into comic books. I am doing this because, when we are kids, cartoons and comic books can be an influence on the way that we, as children, act and think sometimes.

When I was in the fifth grade, I was hit by a car. I was riding on the back of a motorcycle with my uncle. The car hit me, not the motorcycle. We hit a curb and my uncle and I went flying. I flew over him.

As I went flying through the air over my uncle, I can remember thinking, "This is just what Superman fells like!!!!" My leg was broken by the car.

I also can remember a local program in the late afternoon called the Captain Ernie Show. On it were featured cartoons and guests such as school classes and scout troops. I was on it as part of a Cub Scout troop.

One of the segments to the show, was one of the many short movies of The Three Stooges. I remember The Three Stooges films being removed from the show because too many kids were starting to act out like The Three Stooges with doing such things as hitting others on the heads with hammers and sticking others with pins. I think that I remember someone from the show asking kids via television, not to act like The Three Stooges.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 08:43 PM
    I loved Captain Kangaroo and Howdy Doody; the Roy Rogers Show; Kukla, Fran & Ollie; Looney Tunes (yes, with Roadrunner and that sad sack coyote who always bought Acme), Yogi Bear and Friends (Quick Draw McGraw and his side kick Baba Louie, along with Snagglepuss, Droopy the Dog), Heckle and Jeckle the crows, the old Bozo television program, any Foghorn Leghorn cartoon, Huckleberry Hound, Bugs Bunny, et. al.

A child of the 1950's. Great times. Now I canont find much of a decent cartoon except for my buddy SpongeBob. Sighs.

I whoeheartedly agree about the Three Stooges shorts. They ruled the world!
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs

A child of the 1950's. Great times. Now I canont find much of a decent cartoon except for my buddy SpongeBob. sighs.

I whoeheartedly agree about the Three Stooges shorts. They ruled the world!
    Shy,
    I love Spongebob too from the current ones going around... :p

Clough,
    I used to love comics too,Dennis the Menace(I enjoy the comic strips more than the cartoon),The Phantom,Archies(Jughead was my fave),Asterix,Tintin.
    I wasn't much of a superhero fan though, I hope you recovered well enough from the accident to realise the truth of superheroes;)

Has anyone read "The Adventures of Bob and Bobbett"(I think that is the name of a comic from the makers of Tintin)?

Recently my bro introduced me to Australian humour"The Far Side Gallery" and "Footrot Flats" (I think is the name).
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2007, 12:58 AM
    I also used to be very much into the Archie comics! That went along equally with the Superman attraction.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 04:30 AM
    Does anyone else enjoy these?
    Australian humour"The Far Side Gallery" and "Footrot Flats",if not you must try them,they are so funny...

A Dog Creator's Tale
    The Black Sheep's Footrot Flats Page
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 04:41 AM
    The thomas the tank engine theme tune still gives me a flutter in my heart. I was crazy about it when I was little.

And OMG CAPTAIN PLANET I loved that stuff.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Yah,
    I found something in common with Capuchin, which is quite rare.. :)

I love Captain Planet too.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I found something in common with Capuchin, which is quite rare..
    Nah, you both are very interested in science.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Going to Take Pollution Down To Zeeero
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Nah, you both are very interested in science.
    :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid in a can? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was younger about an older woman who receives a delivery of a large can... about the size of a keg... when she opens it, a boy, age 8 or 9, stands from a hunched down position... he's fully naked, but it's this slow, blurred image while he's standing... ...

Me and My kid [ 2 Answers ]

Ok lets see where do i began ok when i was 14 years old i gave birth to my baby girl who i love very much but now im 16 and she is two and im here in Nampa idaho and she is in Tacoma washington with her father who has a major drug problem how do i get her away from all that when im here in idaho...

Movie from when I was a kid [ 2 Answers ]

There was a movie that I barely rememberd that I use to watch over and over again and again I don't really remember too much about it I think there was a little orphan girl I think her name was polly and she had to go live with her aunt on a swamp and she was some crazy lady and this girl had I...

My boyfriends kid [ 2 Answers ]

The baby mother won't let him see his kid if she finds out we are together... he wants to fight for custody. He has had felonys but he has a job and a good place to stay... she has been in the psych ward... and is living in a shelter with no job. How does he win custody without paying a bunch of...

View more questions Search