Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Oh I meant in a generation or 2 of this actually happens (it hasn't yet) and gets generally accepted, but I don't know, maybe it will never happen.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gallivant_fellow
    Do you think that the US will sell out it's currency so easily? I mean the Euro is beating us by only about 30 cents right? The English didn't sell out to the Euro(maybe they should have, but they didn't). I guess only time can tell.

The English pound is currently about 2 to 1 over the American dollar. They really weren't stressed to join, so they didn't. But look at the success of the countries that raised their economy by joining in the Euro. With exception of Germany and perhaps one or two others (that temporary loss eventually proved a gain), all others gained. And now look at the current Euro that is worth approx 30 cents more. OK. Now back to the North American Union possibility. Take a look at Canada! Their currency is darn near equal to ours. It's not like we are trying to carry two countries. It would be just Mexico on the lower end similar to what the Italian Lear was before Italy joined the Euro. However to Mexico's benefit they have as much, if not more resources to capitalize on than both Canada or the US.

Bobby
    MarthaA Posts: 48, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 01:49 PM
    I heard Mexican trucks that started rolling across the highways of the United States, I believe the 6th of this month, have already been shut down due to unsafe conditions, which doesn't surprise me, since I also heard that the Mexican trucks have a hole cut in the floor for use as a restroom for the drivers to save toilet time at United States rest stop facilities, a stinky time saving situation; and Mexican drivers don't sit and eat at U.S. truck stops, but bag their food off salad bars for the three-four drivers per truck to eat in the trucks, to save time eating. Personally, I feel that is too much time saving.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Hello Martha:

Well I heard the A in your name stands for bigoted a$$.

excon
    gallivant_fellow Posts: 157, Reputation: 31

Sep 15, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarthaA
    I heard Mexican trucks that started rolling across the highways of the United States, I believe the 6th of this month, have already been shut down due to unsafe conditions, which doesn't surprise me, since I also heard that the Mexican trucks have a hole cut in the floor for use as a restroom for the drivers to save toilet time at United States rest stop facilities, a stinky time saving situation; and Mexican drivers don't sit and eat at U.S. truck stops, but bag their food off salad bars for the three-four drivers per truck to eat in the trucks, to save time eating. Personally, I feel that is too much time saving.
    A hole in the floor for the restroom! I thought of something like that when I was a little kid. I never imagined that it would become such a practical time saver for the U.S. Also, now people won't fall asleep on the road because they'll get to play the dodging game.
    nilbog Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2007, 05:56 PM
    HAAAA!! Dodging the crap right? I wonder if her info is even true, if Mexicans do that for real.
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 06:29 PM
    excon:

Not bigoted at all. Saddened because Mexicans are forced into a position where that kind of lifestyle is their only option. If the North American Union goes through, it could be the only option for the Americans and Canadians as well, as large corporations consolidate their markets without any concern for the people.
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
    gallivant_fellow:

Not practical. Tyranny.
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 06:45 PM
    nilbog:

Reported by a mechanic, according to some truckers.

Sep 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
    gallivant_fellow:

Not practical. Tyranny.
    It was a joke, gosh! And also, tyranny is an abuse of power. Pooping in the road may me gross, but I have no idea how it could be tyrannical.

Sep 15, 2007, 07:02 PM
    excon:

Not bigoted at all. Saddened because Mexicans are forced into a position where that kind of lifestyle is their only option. If the North American Union goes through, it could be the only option for the Americans and Canadians as well, as large corporations consolidate their markets without any concern for the people.
    Because Canadians and Mexicans aren't Americans, right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 07:50 PM
    No they are not, as the term is used by many of the US citizens, the term "american" is keyed to mean those of the US.

This is common usage and if you did not know it, now you do.

Sep 15, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    No they are not, as the term is used by many of the US citizens, the term "american" is keyed to mean those of the US.

This is commom usage and if you did not know it, now you do.
    Yes they are American! I know it's keyed to mean that here in the U.S. but that doesn't change the meaning. They are absolutely American. I know American usually refers to a U.S. citizen, and was just busting some balls, but saying that Mexicans and Canadians are not Americans is completely wrong on your part.
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 11:42 PM
    gallivant_fellow:

It is tyrannical that they have to poop in the road.
    -

Sep 16, 2007, 12:00 AM
    gallivant_fellow:

If we are all North Americans, are we American-United Statians, then the Natives of Mexico are American-Mexicans, the French in Canada are American-Canadians and the Native American isn't correct because they aren't Mexicans or Canadians, but Native United Statians. Sounds good to me. What can I say?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Hello again, Martha:

Let me take back what I said. You're NOT a bigot. You're just plain old dumb, if you believe the crap you're putting out.

excon

Sep 16, 2007, 08:02 AM
    gallivant_fellow:

If we are all North Americans, are we American-United Statians, then the Natives of Mexico are American-Mexicans, the French in Canada are American-Canadians and the Native American isn't correct because they aren't Mexicans or Canadians, but Native United Statians. Sounds good to me. What can I say?
    Wow... Wow. I have seen the term 'Statian' but think it's ridiculous. 'US citizen' seems a little more practical. The term Native American refers to any group of indigenous peoples in the continents of North and South America. Native Americans is correct. Canada has a huge Native American population. South America is packed with Native Americans. Some are still living the same way they always have.

Sep 16, 2007, 08:16 AM
    gallivant_fellow:

I don't think you know what tyrannical means. Even if someone was forcing Mexican drivers to poop on the road, to use the word tyrannical to describe the abuser of power is to devalue the word.
    -

Sep 16, 2007, 11:07 AM
    gallivant_fellow:

Actually we in the United States ARE Americans and North Americans. The people of Mexico and Canada are only North Americans, NOT Americans. They are of the NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT, while we are of America, the country. Got that?
    -

Sep 16, 2007, 02:25 PM
    gallivant_fellow:

South Americans are South Americans. North Americans are North Americans. Central Americans are Central Americans. Canadians are Canadians. Mexicans are Mexicans. Americans are Americans. Venezuelans are Americans. . Columbians are Americans. Kind of destroys the song America. What happened to from sea to shining sea? What's the matter with you? Where are you, in China? Are you Chinese?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

North American History [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I have been trying to answer this question for ever and I really just don't know... 1.What great geological event explains the formation of the Great Lakes, the St. Lawrence River system, the Columbia-Snake river system, and Great Salt Lake? (I know is receding glaciers) 2.How did this...

North American Union to be presented to Congress [ 24 Answers ]

Get ready to Rumble Globalist political heavyweights are preparing to formally propose to Congress the merger of the U.S. Canada and Mexico into a North American Union at the end of summer after they held secret meetings to Devise a plan that will be presented to representatives of all three...

North American Union and The SPP [ 5 Answers ]

I found this video of the Conservative Caucas highlighting the coming North American Union and the new currency, the Amero, very interesting. Why haven't we see this on the major networks? Here is the hyper link: The Dangers of the "North American Union" - Google Video

Furniture company in North American [ 1 Answers ]

Hi every body! Please kindly help me to find out where do furniture companies in North American focus in? Thks a lot. Sincerely yours!

North American Union [ 17 Answers ]

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=14965 In my opinion, the only way to end many of our current problems such as immigration, is to open all borders and creat a North American Union. Canada, America and Mexico become all one country. My question is, what will we gain and what...

View more questions Search