Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brknshk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Auto insurance adjuster
    I need some help. I recently had a custom motorcycle, well frame and engine stolen from my household. My insurance adjuster after a month when it was suppose to be max 21 days is now wanting me to provide her with cell phone records for last month, bank statements for ythe past year, many different ridiculous things. This is also same adjuster hwo asked me if I smoked meth, if I was a biker gang member, asked me where I get my money from, why I had 20k dollars extra to buy my father a new harley for christmas, asked me if I think my dad stole it. I ean do they really have the right to do this kind of stuff? Do I haveany legal leg to stand on if I get an attorney to deal with it. This is as usual state farm insurance. I'm not sure what I am legally required to provide them with and I'm sick of being ran through the ringer so I'm done doing all these little things they need. Anyone who can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it, thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Hello brk:

Hire a lawyer.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Did you file a police report? Just refer the adjuster to that report. If he asks questions you are uncomfortable with ask him what bearing that has on your claim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto Insurance Claim [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question regarding a fender bender I was in, more so the claim. I was found not at fault by the other party’s insurance company and they are paying for the repair to my 2007 VW Jetta. But what concerns me is my vehicle is only three months old and now has a history of an...

Auto Insurance for Teenage Son [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Trying to find the best way to insure my teenage son for auto insurance. He is 17 yrs old and I have been told that it is cheaper to add him to my policy, but the risk could be greater to me. I have been told that it may be better to simply let him get his own policy, although higher...

Auto insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about "aig" are they reputable? Thks noboat

Auto Collision with no license or insurance [ 10 Answers ]

I have not had a license or insurance for many years. I was suspended in my late teens, and to stay out of trouble just don't drive while paying off the fines I racked up. I do own a car that my girlfriend likes to drive, a 99 Cadillac STS, and often drive it around the block to shuffle...

Proof of Insurance for a no-fault auto accident [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently involved in an accident. Unfortunately, my insurance lapsed. I have witnesses that claim the accident was not my fault. However, since I did not have insurance at the time, I do not know what I may be liable for. If I can prove the accident was not my fault, will that mean I will not...

View more questions Search