Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMANDACERAVOLO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Polyurethane glue on engineered hardwood floor
    Hello,
    My husband and I installed an engineered hardwood floor in our living room/dining room/kitchen. We used urethane glue per the manufacturers instructions and mineral spirits again per the manufacturer's instructions to clean up any excess glue. Unfortunately we are left with "glue smears" on our floor. Does anyone have any idea how to clean this up?

Thanks very much!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 4, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Go to Lowe's or a flooring store they do make a cleaner just for floating floors, its much better than mineral spirits
    tommybwiz Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2011, 06:27 PM
    I had this problem just today. The glue manufacturer told me to use WD-40 and Mr. Clean eraser pads. Worked great! I had tried everything else and was desperate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

Glue removal.hardwood floor [ 7 Answers ]

Any special solvents to remove flooring glue from hardwood flooring... or home remedies?

Hardwood flooring glue on sheetrock [ 1 Answers ]

We just had hardwood floors installed, and some of the glue got on our door jams and sheetrock. Do you have any suggestions for getting it off the sheetrock. We have started scraping it off the door jams, and will probably sand them and repaint, but I'm not sure what to do with the sheetrock. ...

Removing glue from just-installed maple hardwood [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed new maple flooring. I used PL400 glue under to start the first few rows. How do you get the excess glue off the floor safely? I tried Goo-gone, varsol, stain be-gone... nothing works. When you touch the floor, your finger prints remain and will not come off. :confused: ...

View more questions Search