Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peaden1711 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Sep 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Murray Riding Lawnmower
    My Question is That my Lawnmower will crank but when you release the clutch/brake it dies! Why would it do this?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Check your safety switch
    jamesdragon30 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Sep 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Check under your seeat. There is a "dead man's switch" that cuts the mower off when you get off and the brake/clutch is not engaged. On possible answer is that the switch is slightly disconected, causing a short. Another possibility is that the seat is not coming down all the way and allowing the safety to disengage. If the weight factor on your seat is adjustable, try to put it at a lower weight. If the springs are distorted, try to replace them.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Sounds like the safety switch under the seat is bad, or may not being contacted by the tang that is pointing downward from the bottom of the seat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Instruction manual for murray lawnmower [ 3 Answers ]

Please does anyone have a copy of the instructions for a murray 30560 riding mower The murray website does not support mowers older than 2003 Thanks

Murray push lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray push lawnmower that I want to know the year of manufacture. Model 21673X92A Date Mfg 1283 It has a Tecumseh engine TVXL115 56025A Many thanks.

Murray riding lawnmower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I was mowing my lawn and mower was running fine. I shut it off for a moment and when I tried to start it again, I got nothing but a click at the solenoid. It has a brand new battery that has a good charge. Any suggestions? Also, if it is the solenoid, any good sites to find one?

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

How to rehook solenoid on Murray Lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray Riding Lawn Mower. It was given to me and it won't start. They replaced solenoid and wanted to make sure how it is supposed to be hooked up. The model # is 52100x92a

View more questions Search