Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoYouRealliMeanThat Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 09:27 AM
    What is the normalish age to have sex?
    Making this quick.. Im only 13 but I feel really ready for sex.. ino what the law says about sex but like who waits until they're 17. Also ino everything there is to know about sex dieseases and all that.. I no everything. But its weird bocause some of my friends still blush at talking about puberty so I really have no one to talk to about it. I don't really want advice telling me to wait until I'm 17 because I'm not going to wait.. its not like I'm desprate and want to have it straight away.. I no to wait until 14 because the guy can go to jail for a life sentence if the girls 13 or younger but if your 14-16 the maximum in jail in 2 years. I suppose I'm not really looking for advice I just want someone to talk to.. I mean I'm not going to my mum and I do tell friends but they say all I talk about is sex and they arnt blush at talking about all the technical stuff about sex.. just to add I'm very mature for my age and my parents tell me that all the time.
    Thanks
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 09:34 AM
    It is not uncommon at all for a girl to save sex for when they're older. There are some that still wait for marriage!

I had sex for the first time at a fairly young age, and let me tell you, it was the biggest mistake of my life. Once I "put out" to one person, then every man was expecting it. They would come to me when they wanted a "quick nut", and while I turned all of them down, it was humiliating! Being the girl to come to when you want a quick piece of you know what is one of the most embarrassing and degrading things you could ever go through. I do not wish that upon anyone, especially someone as young as you.

And you say "if your 14-16 maximum in jail is 2 years". Don't you care about the guy at all? You wouldn't care if he went to jail, as long as you got what you wanted? Everyone makes mistakes, but it is very sad to not even care what happens to other people in the process of you getting what you want.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 4, 2007, 09:51 AM
    So you KNOW all about sex and the associated diseases.
    Oh the naivity of youth.

N'Star hit the nail on the head here !
    Underage sex = Statutory RAPE which includes a prison term AND entry on to a sex offenders register.

You also missed out ONE extremely important.
    Sex = BABIES.

Are you ready to spend the rest of your life looking after a child, when you are a child yourself?
    No more hanging with your mates partying etc.

So think long and hard about what you are saying as you are WAY to young to be thinking of this course of action.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Sep 4, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Why do you want to have sex so badly? You are 13 and it doesn't matter what anyone says you'll do what you want, but just remember you can only loose your virginity once and you do want it to be special and with the right person. If an older guy wants to have sex with you and knows how old you are he's probably not the one you would really want to loose it to. Waiting isn't a bad thing you know.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 09:58 AM
    I waited for the first time until I was almost 22. It happened on my wedding night.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    You also missed out ONE extremely important.
    Sex = BABIES.
    Curlyben is absolutely right. If you have sex, you run the risk of getting pregnant.

Do you know what it is like to care for a baby? First of all, you have to have a job to buy the baby everything he needs, such as furniture (crib, mattress, changing table, etc.), clothes, diapers, wipes, bathing equipment, formula, bottles.. the list goes on. At 13, no one will give you a stable job because they feel you are still a kid, and no one wants to put their money, or any kind of responsibility, on a kid.

Not only are there objects that the baby needs, but it needs affection too. When that baby cries, you better be up and ready to take care of him. When he's hungry, you feed him (no matter what time of day or night, sleeping all night is out the window). Sometimes the baby just wants to be held, which can be really aggravating at times when you have something you need to do. Unless you can afford for the baby to go to daycare, school is pretty much done. Your social life is done as well, who is going to watch the baby when you want to go out?

I hope this shines some light on the risks of having sex at such a young age. There is so much more you could be doing with your life.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 10:02 AM
    You're body is not ready yet, even if you think you are. You need towait until it is safer for you. Not to mention you didn't say whether you had a boyfriend. Please at leat wait for someone you are close to and love very much. I started having sex when I was 17 years old. We were safe and did everything by the books, birth control, condoms, etc. and low and behold Ill be celebrating my sons 4th birthday tomorrow. I got pregnant at 19 and it changed my world. Just think it through. Things worked out well for me, I married the man I lost my virginity to and the father of my son and we have been happily married for 3 years now, but it isn't always like that. You say your friends still feel shy/embarassed about sexual issues, take this as a clue, you may think you are ready, but you aren't. If you were to become pregnant, it would be incredibly dangerous to your baby and to your body. I understand being bull-headed, I am that way too, and don't like people telling me what to do, but believe me when I say, you have plenty of time, and most people your age are not doing these things... most are waiting until they are more comfortable... and those that say they are, are probably all talk. Believe me, there were girls in my high school who thought they were pregnant every 5 days... good luck dear.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Two of my nieces waited until they were maybe 15. They both become single moms by age 17-18. Both had wanted to go to college. Two years later both have dead-end jobs, no money, no good guy interested in them (who wants an automatic kid?? ), single motherhood, no extra money for sitters, a boring nothing life.
    justhaveaquestion Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2007, 10:07 AM
    You can kind of be any age.. its mostly like who its with you don't want to do it for the first time with someone you haven't been with for awhile or someone you don't care about the last thing you want is a rep. no guy wants to date a girl whose had sex with lots of guys or even someone who started having sex at like 12.. most guys find that the biggest turn off when they ask a girl how old they were.. I was 14 but I was with the kid for a year. It really depends on the situation.. I wouldn't rush into anything the last thing you want is to think you make a mistake or even worse think you know everything and end up pregnant
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Sep 4, 2007, 10:13 AM
    52... naw jk. Always wait till your older cause you never know what can happen and it usually just makes everything more complicated. I know I wasn't ready for that kind if intimacy.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 4, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Thread Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex after the age of 55 [ 5 Answers ]

:mad: Hi, I am 53 years old male and my girlfriend is 55 years. I am very active sexualy and she started to loose interest in sex. She would not let me touch her breast or vagina. She also does not and can not achieve orgasm. I have had several conversations with her and wanted to help her to...

Legal sex age [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 17 and will turn 18 on October 11th but my dad is thinking about putting my boyfriend in jail for being with a minor. My boyfriend is 24. I live in California and I know the age of consent is 18 but do you think the police will really enforce this law when I turn 18 in a month? If you can...

Legal sex age in australia [ 1 Answers ]

Umm does anyone know the legal sex age in australia if so tell me :(

Sex age [ 1 Answers ]

Lets say that my boyfriend is 24 and I'm 17 in the state of Illinois and we've had sex would that be considered as rape?

Legal sex age [ 1 Answers ]

What's the legal sex age in Illinois?

View more questions Search