Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gillespie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Sick labrador
    my 2 year old labrador vomitted a load of what looked like straw on sat nite. she has refused her food since then. she is sleeping alot and has diahorrea. should she see a vet or will this pass
    ant123253 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gillespie
    [F]my 2 year old labrador vomitted a load of what looked like straw on sat nite. she has refused her food since then. she is sleeping alot and has diahorrea. should she see a vet or will this pass
    You should go to a vet. Better safe then sorry.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 4, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Dogs are oportunistic eaters and as such will eat basically anything that looks tasty.. You said she vomited straw.. do you have a barn on your premises or nearby with tasty cowpies or horse poo... ( a delicacy for dogs).. I would call the vet.. but if she begins to eat normally or drink.. I wouldn't worry too much about it... most things pass and dogs are fairly robust animals...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 07:01 AM
    She has had a couple of days to recover from an eating misadventure. If not, call the vet. You may want to review the sticky on this, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

An obstructed bowel is a serious, but seldom urgent problem. I doubt waiting until today hurt anything, but if she isn't back to normal. Call the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Labrador won't eat! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old black female labrador. We went on vacation for a week and she went to boarding kennels - she's been before. We've been back a week now. She seems perfectly happy, bouncy and joyful but she hasn't eaten a thing in three days - should I be concerned?

About a Labrador [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have just adopted an adult yellow labrador retriever mix from the Humane Society. We haven't brought him home yet, but we will be next weekend. I'm not sure what else he's mixed with, but he is more than 50% lab as they have guessed too. My question is... he hasn't been properly...

Labrador puppies [ 3 Answers ]

I have just bred my labrador with another lab, both dogs are yellow labs but the puppies have come out black and brown is this possible.

Labrador [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old lab.At present he is not eating as he should be,we give him a cup and a half in the morning and again in the evening.At the moment he's only eating once a day and when he does he doesn't always finish.We're having a pretty hot summer and I was wondering if it may have an impact.

Labrador size [ 1 Answers ]

My male labrador is 10 months old and weighs about 58lbs when his brothers and friends that are his age weigh about 85lbs, but his height is about the same as theirs. He just is not that thick, does this mean my dog is not going to be that much bigger than he is know or do some dogs have later...

View more questions Search