Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lnhi8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Slander and law
    Is it slander for a person to tell someone that you are a criminal and that you are going to jail?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Hello In:

Yes. That's HALF a slander suit. How much did the lie COST you in real money?? Proving that you suffered damages from the lie is going to be the hard part.

excon
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Sep 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Well if it is the truth and you are a criminal and you are going to jail, then no it is not slander
    The only way it is slander is if it is untrue

I think I'm right lol probably not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this slander [ 29 Answers ]

I wrote the following letter to a neighbour after she took me to court for racism. It was totally untrue and I didn't win my appeal either. This neighbour made my life a misery for 2 years. I bit my lip for so long. After receiving a criminal record now, I wrote the letter but also sent it to our...

Harassment /slander [ 1 Answers ]

I had a magazine write a story from my estranged husband, which was all lies, and I'm in court matters with ref him divorce/ injunctions and they gave all my details out in the magazine wher I lived my name pictures! They did not get in contact with myself1 to get my side of anything I feel I'm in...

Criticism vs slander [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between legitimate criticism and slander?

Can I sue for slander? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been falsely accused of filing a lawsuit against a business. I use to work there and then I quit for a different job. The owner is pissed off because his business has suffered since I left the management position, so he has been telling all his customers that I am suing him for an accident...

Does anyone know if this is this slander? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I are in the midst of a divorce. He abruptly walked out on me on in December of 2005. I have a ton of circumstancial evidence proving that he is seeing another woman. He is currently residing with his friend and his friend's wife. The wife of his friend is related to his mistress. ...

View more questions Search