Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barelybe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Would like to lose belly & thighs without any equipment.
    Hello. I'm a 16 year old girl, 5'6ish around 150 - 155.

School is tomorrow for me, and I would like to lose about 20 - 25 pounds before the next semester (Early Feb)

I had a YMCA membership, but we cancelled it because it was too costly, and recently the economy has sucked.. so I'm going for the basic excerises.

But I'm not sure what to do!

My stomach bugs me, and my thighs and hips are too big. My jean size is about size 13 /14.

What excersises can I do for my belly, thighs, hips, calves?

And is it possible to lose 20 - 25 pounds by Feb?

Thanks
    Andrew Lee Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Hello Barelybe, well your task is not impossible... (first) you have 5 problem areas, so lets start with the main one weight loss... weight loss starts with the mind and you have already made up your mind... now if you make lunch your biggest meal, this will give your body more time to burn, eat a moderate dinner, nothing after 7:30pm, increase your water intake, have a light breakfast with unsweeten grapefruit juice(3 glasses a day), this will help with fat burning... for the first two weeks have baked chicken or fish for lunch or dinner... and start your exercise with a 1 to 2 mile walk at a good pace at lease 4 times a week... with any good lower body toning work-out video (Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Lower Body Firming and Peak Fat Burning are 2 very good programs). And this should get you on the right track... I hope this helps... without me seeing you or knowing your physical past this is the best start I can give you.
    zubterfuge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Run lots, it'll do the trick!
    barelybe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Thank you Andrew Lee for the advice :) I will most definitely give that a whirl... I actually walk to and from school everyday, which is a 15 minute walk.. and I walk fast.. actually I can be (almost) late getting to school on time, so sometimes I must run through the field lol...

Yeah, my problem is SNACKING. Bad bad bad... I know... and I like that Frappucino / Cappucino stuff too... so I'm going to start cutting that out, and leaving my bank card at home lol... the temptation ia always really hard for me to resist...

And to make it worse, I have a friend who is about 250 pounds, who likes to buy me those fatty drinks and pizza etc... that is probably the most frustrating. I try to quit, but she will just buy me food / drinks without my knowing! Then I'm obligated to eat them. Very nice, but killing me with kindness!!

My Mom & I also don't drive.

Anyway, than you :)

I'm goind to STICK to this, this time!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Politely tell your friend that even though you appreciate the generosity, you're trying to lose a little weight and get back into eating healthier foods.
    Just say that once you've reached your weight loss goal, you both can celebrate by
    Having your favorite foods together once a week.

I know temptation is hard! Saturday is my day to eat what I want.
    This way I don't feel like I'm depriving myself from all the foods I love.
    It really helps me keep weight off by knowing that I don't have to give up all the foods I like.
    LOL - I love Saturdays!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose belly fat [ 2 Answers ]

I'm only in high school and I already have the belly of santa clause. What's the best exercise to lose belly fat?

Trying to lose belly fat [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 5'7'' and about 191 lbs. I am extremely fine with how I look, but most of my weight is around my waist. I have been going to the gym since October and have seen a slight change in how I look but my stomach is still a bit big. I am slowly losing motivation. My husband also goes to the gym...

15 amp extension cord to plug in 20 amp equipment? [ 22 Answers ]

I need to know if I can convert a 15 amp extension cord to plug in 20 amp equipment (temporary). The plug on the equipment has one fin turned perpendicular to the other. Is there an adapter for this?

How to lose belly fat and grow muscle together. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, everyone, I am thin all over the body except my belly. It seems my belly is the only place that can easily store fat on. I started weight lifting and then a cardio for 20 min after that, the size of my belly starts to shrink, however I didn't put much muscle on my other body. If I stop cardio,...

Bang & Olufsen Equipment [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1972 BEOMASTER 1200 and BEOGRAM 1500 turntable, i.n.o.r. Is anyone interested in these items as a collector ?

View more questions Search