Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 3, 2007, 07:58 PM
    9/11 " fatigue"
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/ny...pagewanted=all

Should I be surprised that this is from the NYT? Are they tired of 9/11?

Actually, I thought this:

"An organization called myGoodDeed.org was begun last year to urge people to do something nice for Sept. 11, and, if they want, to post it on its Web site. “We asked what should 9/11 be 20 or 30 years from now, and the big concern is that people will become tired of conventional ceremonies,” said David Paine, president of the organization.

Some 150,000 deeds were posted last year, with more than 40,000 intentions clocked so far this year. One person chose to put quarters in expired parking meters. Another is knitting socks for soldiers. A boy said he would help his mother around the house and not torment his siblings."

... was a great idea.

Grace and Peace
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 08:04 PM
    It is a great idea.

However, having lived in NY during 9/11 I have to say that nothing is too much in my mind. To this day I cannot see the images of those planes hitting the towers without being reduced to a giant mess. The amount of people that are no longer in my life or in the lives of my friends could never allow me to become "fatigued" of those speaking about this event.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 3, 2007, 08:08 PM
    I can see how good deeds is used as an observance. I can't recall if there has been an official commemorative day of remembrance on our (US) calendars, but if not, than I think there should be.

Bobby
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Ask nearly anybody today what they know about the USS Arizona. Or the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Time passes too quickly and if we're not reminded occasionally, more will get bored.
    More will find a reason to forget.

Ask someone within earshot to name the faces on Mount Rushmore. And ask
    Why they are up there.

The eleventh day of the ninth month took on an eerie distinction. Welcome.

Sep 3, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Captain Rich:

Had to look up the USS Arizona, and was to young for the Cuban Missile Crisis or even Kent State [ mentioned by NYT].

Its diffferent reading about it versus living through it or hearing it first hand - I've talked to a Pearl Harbor and a Omaha Beach survivors.

Glinda:

So sorry for your losses.

Grace and Peace
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Hello in:

Before they make the DAY a special day, I think they ought to fill in the hole with something - like a MEMORIAL!!

excon

Sep 4, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Yes, Agree
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Thanks for posting that article. Interesting.

One of the strengths of America is that it is a forward looking country. After all, life will be lived in the future, not the past. Most Islamic countries look to the past, past tribal fueds and insults, and that is one of the main reasons for their cultures failing badly. Why, in the Middle East people still talk about unfortunate events that happened in the Seventh Century!

What is the problem with remembering 911 on 9/11? America had a wake up call on that date, and there was much to learn from the events of that day. Lots of people like to and moan about what is in the media; guess what, a person can live WITHOUT THE MEDIA. In fact, people would be wise to discontinue their media addiction, television news is ENTERTAINMENT, there is no doubt about that.If one doesn't watch the media, one isn't irritated!

I have no doubt that Americans in urban areas are forward looking people... it is the next Jihadist attack we have to deflect vial intelligence and preparedness. I have no doubt that our federal government representatives in Congress and the Presidency, and those running for office in 2008 know what their duty is regarding protecting out urban areas from violent attack.
    MarthaA Posts: 48, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 14, 2007, 02:43 PM
    We must not allow ourselves to become fatigued, too many people needlessly lost their lives.

The 9/11/01 attack on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center was an "inside job", which all Americans should continue to do all possible to investigate. Start with Professor David Ray Griffin and Professor Steven E. Jones Physics Professor Says Science Points To WTC Controlled Demolition

What really happened is worth finding out:

The 9/11 Hijackings - An Inside Job?

Letsroll911.org - 911 Was An Inside Job - Flight 175 Missile, Pod, - Phil Jayhan

ALEX JONES' MARTIAL LAW 911: RISE OF THE POLICE STATE - 9-11: AN INSIDE JOB PART 1: MICHAEL MOORE WHITEWASH

Former MI5 Agent Says 9/11 An Inside Job

Report Cites Major CIA Lapses Before 9/11, Watchdog Slams Agency For Failing To Tackle Al Qaeda Effectively - CBS News
    nilbog Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2007, 05:06 PM
    I would have a big town party on 9/11. It wouldn't be to celebrate what happened, but to weave an evil act into a positive one.
    -

Sep 14, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Evil it was and still is until they are all caught and punished.
    -

Sep 14, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Road2DC

9/11 Truth Grand Junction > Home

The 911 Truth Group is doing their best to find answers.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Let me guess... you think fire can't melt steel
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2007, 03:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarthaA
    The 9/11/01 attack on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center was an "inside job", which all Americans should continue to do all possible to investigate.
    Oh puhleeze!

Spare me the off the wall conspiracy theories.
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Evil will never be positive and the people who performed this evil act need to be punished to the full extent of the law as an EXAMPLE, or the PEOPLE MAKE THE EXAMPLE, which ever comes first; if all laws of right wing punishment have been removed.

Laws need to apply to the elite as well as the common population. Unjust laws made by an unjust government to exempt themselves are not just laws for the people. A just law will provide for the greater good of ALL THE PEOPLE.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Evil will never be positive and the people who performed this evil act need to be punished to the full extent of the law
    Hello Martha:

I'm right with you. Who did it? Don't just tell me "inside". I don't know anybody named inside.

excon
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 08:33 AM
    We must not allow ourselves to become fatigued, too many people needlessly lost their lives.

The 9/11/01 attack on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center was an "inside job", which all Americans should continue to do all possible to investigate. Start with Professor David Ray Griffin and Professor Steven E. Jones Physics Professor Says Science Points To WTC Controlled Demolition

What really happened is worth finding out:

The 9/11 Hijackings - An Inside Job?

Letsroll911.org - 911 Was An Inside Job - Flight 175 Missile, Pod, - Phil Jayhan

ALEX JONES' MARTIAL LAW 911: RISE OF THE POLICE STATE - 9-11: AN INSIDE JOB PART 1: MICHAEL MOORE WHITEWASH

Former MI5 Agent Says 9/11 An Inside Job

Report Cites Major CIA Lapses Before 9/11, Watchdog Slams Agency For Failing To Tackle Al Qaeda Effectively - CBS News
    Wild conspiracy tales are peddled daily on the Internet and it appears you have been duped into believing them regarding 9/11.

“To investigate 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists, POPULAR MECHANICS assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, together with PM Editors, consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of this magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military.”

I have read the links you provided and some are plain silly, while others are more credible, never the less I ask you to read only one link.

Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report - Popular Mechanics
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 12:02 PM
    tomder55:

You say, "let me guess .... you think fire can't melt steel"

Fire will melt steel, but try and see if you can build a fire with a minimum supply of jet fuel and get it hot enough to melt a thick extremely strong heat tested steel beam without the use of COKE, the by product of COAL, in a blast furnace; which, of course you do know was NOT at the top of the WORLD TRADE CENTER, don't you?

It seems like Homeland Security should set up a public controlled experiment using jet fuel to prove that jet fuel can, in and of itself, burn through one steel beam, as there were lots of steel beams melted completely down in the WORLD TRADE CENTERS. I would be interested in seeing an experiment of this type to prove the 9/11 incident. It would shut me up as long as I could verify that it was really steel and really jet fuel being used. Let every state and every county participate so as to put the 9/11 conspiracy to rest. Perhaps for an easier experiment, the government could distribute blowtorches fueled with air and jet fuel ONLY, so that the population can see for themselves if jet fuel will melt down even a small part of an I-Beam.

It requires temperatures of at least 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit to melt steel. Diesel jet fuel does not reach these temperatures and the fires in the buildings were short lived. Firefighter tape recordings prove that only small pockets of fire were still burning in the buildings seconds before their collapse.

Physics Professor Says Science Points To WTC Controlled Demolition

An acetylene torch burns at 6000 degrees Fahrenheit, which is hotter than the 5,800 degree surface of the sun, AND WILL BURN THROUGH STEEL. But who had the torches to create temperatures that were as hot or hotter than the surface of the sun? And how did they get there? An acetylene torch is under pressure and burns both oxygen and acetylene to get a high enough temperature to melt steel. WE KNOW STEEL WAS MELTED, AND LOTS OF STEEL WAS MELTED, by acetylene torch type heat that brought down the WORLD TRADE CENTERS, NOT the fire caused by the planes fuel, which was NOT an intense enough heat, and mostly burned outside the building as you can see from the pictures.
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 12:21 PM
    ScottGem:

I do not care anything about conspiracy theories. The only thing I am concerned about is an experiment to see if regular air and jet fuel will melt a large steel tested I-Beam, not just turn the beam red in one spot, but melt it down to a puddle. I think the experiment should be conducted with the participation of Professor David Ray Griffin and Professor Stephen E. Jones, who I am sure would gladly participate.
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 12:26 PM
    excon:

Who did it? The BUSH administration government: George W. Bush, Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, using the FBI, the CIA, and corporate mercenaries, as well as the U.S. military.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search