Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    claymeadow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Leg hair thinning
    Just wondering why my leg hair might be thinning. I understand that when we age this will happen but I am in my early thirties. It seems to be thinning on the outside of my lower legs and not anywhere else. Any answers?
    searchingfortime Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 13, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Have you made any changes to clothing or soap? When areas are constantly rubbed by clothing it can cause hair to deplete. I would ask your physician at next appointment.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Sounds normal to me... I went through the same thing as well.
    Artsettimavn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 02:50 AM
    It's called "adrenal fatigue" and you will see a lot of men missing the hair on their lower legs. For different reasons, your adrenal glands become exhausted and are no longer able to reach the lower leg to stimulate hair growth. You might want to read ADRENAL FATIGUE by J. Wilson for some insight.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 06:07 AM
    I have a theory... you only get so many hairs in your life, and as you get older they want to grow on your back, in your nose and ears. So you give up hair on the bottom part of your legs, and the top of your head...

I'm not serious... but that's how it seems anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair is thinning [ 6 Answers ]

I am 35 yrs old and my hair is thinning aroung the crown of my head and my hairline is receding. I am a decent looking fellow and kind of got by on my looks and intelligence throughout my life. I feel people look at me weird now that my hair is waning... like I did this on purpose. Anyone have...

Hair thinning [ 1 Answers ]

Can wearing your hair in a tight ponytail everyday cause you to thin your hair out or lose it, because where my hair sats in a ponytail it is thinning.

Thinning Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I am a twenty-year old female, and for the past few weeks I've noticed that I've been losing hair. Whether I'm brushing it, running a hand through it, or anything like that, I end up with many, many strands at a time in my hand or on the brush. I naturally have very fine hair, but I've always...

Leg hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 17 and I have a quite a lot of leg hair. Most all of my friends do not have near this much. It bothers me cause I have quite a bit on my upper legs and thighs too. I think that it is unattractive and does not look good. I don't want to shave my legs because that is not the look I was going...

Leg hair [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am 19 years old, a freshman in college and still cannot grow leg hair. I am already shaving and still have white stubbles for leg hair. Is there a reason for this, because it is really annoying. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search