Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    579coffee Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2007, 07:23 PM
    1965 western auto wizard imperial
    I picked up a 1965 western auto wizard imperial lawn mower model#2xc0441 with a B&S
    4hp, 4 stroke engine. It won't start. I changed the plug, fresh gas, changed the oil, took off the housing and wire brushed the rust off the flywheel? For the magnet. I used ether and even tried pouring a little gas down the carb. There is little if nonexistant spark and I wondered if it could need a new mag, points, coil if it has those things at all. It still has compression as I put my hand over the carb while I pulled the rope and it sucked my hand down. I sprayed wd-40 into the cylinder and let that sit for a while to lube the walls. Also, where could I find a owners or shop manual for it? Any help would be great. Thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 04:57 PM
    If you have spark, and using ether do not get it to start, you have a collapsed,or stuck intake valve. If you get your spark going and the ether still doesn't make it start momentarily, remove the head, lube the valve and try and get it to move.
    579coffee Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2007, 07:51 PM
    It roared to life yesterday. I wire brushed the magneto and cleaned the carb and fuel intake lines and blew out the vacuum line from the crank to the carb. A few pulls and I was in business!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Good deal, I am glad you got it running. I always like it when we, or in this case you, can keep them out of a scrap pile, GOOD JOB!
    oilman4627 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2015, 05:34 AM
    Attachment 47710 anybody know what year this is, I was told a 69 thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Imperial Presidency [ 20 Answers ]

Hello Rightys: It appears that George Bush has taken on some additional duties for himself(and I use the term loosely). You could argue that he hasn't, and you'd be wrong. However, my question isn't about him. Of course, if his expanded view of the presidency isn't curtailed, whoever...

Looking for son born 2/24/1965 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for my son who was born Feb 24, 1965 at Tampa Bay General Hospital.

1965 freedom rides [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to find information on why the freedom rides had a significance for the aborginals and why. Bahh please helppp?

View more questions Search