Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greyraven Posts: 18, Reputation: -5

Sep 3, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Step-Daughter w/ STD wants to take baths with my son
    Hi,
    I have a step-daughter, age 19 who's got HPV (aka genital warts).
    She wants to be able to take baths with my son, who's only 7.

I say absolutely not, it's not worth the risk of his catching HPV.

My hubby says I'm just being hateful against his daughter.

Nothing I've read on the web deals with anything like this, unfortunately. Any professional opinions out there? I don't care to hear about the "Immorality" of a 19 year old young woman bathing with a 7 year old boy, that's not the issue here.

Thank you
    GreyRaven

*Edit* Religious Freaks will be ignored.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Tell me exactly why a 19 year old girl would want to take a bath with a 7 year old boy?

NO FREAKING WAY!!

**EDIT** STD or not, she is WAY too old to be taking a bath with a young child. This borders on child abuse and perversion
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greyraven
    I don't care to hear about the "Immorality" of a 19 year old young woman bathing with a 7 year old boy, that's not the issue here.

Thank you
    GreyRaven
    Unfortunately it IS the issue here!!

If this is allowed and the 7 year old brings it up at school she can be arrested, and you can be charged as well.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 06:49 PM
    j9 could she be contagious right before an outbreak? *edit* I was thinking of herpes, it isn't the same thing is it?
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Yes, she could. One does not need an outbreak to be contagious.

But the issue at hand is a 19 year old GIRL wanting to take a bath with a 7 year old BOY!!

All parties save the 7 year old boy, could get in some major trouble if this is allowed.

Sep 3, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    j9 could she be contagious right before an outbreak?
    Yes, my point exactly. How would she know if she's contagious?

My son caught chicken-pox at a community play center and then gave my hubby shingles before he showed symptoms of Chicken Pox. To this day, hubby thinks he gave our son the chicken pox (eyeroll).

GreyRaven
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Genital warts are very contaigous and most likely will get them from that close of contact.

But honest to god, the warts are not the issue, the morality of a 7 year old boy bathing with a 19 year old girl, is the biggest issue, If parents were allowing this, CPS could easily take that 7 year old out of the house for the child's own protection.

If the mom is having an issue only because of the warts, there is more serious issues to deal with.

Also bushg, genital warts don't "breakout" like other transferred STD, they are always there and they spread very easy, and they can move to other areas, under arms, under chin.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:55 PM
    This coming from a woman who thinks that women = human toilets?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...tml#post282131

My question is why you would even think that this is appropriate.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    genital warts don't "breakout" like other transfered STD,
    Sorry Chuck, I have to disagree with you again. Genital Warts, (herpes), do break out on occasion. They are always there, but breakouts occur frequently unless medicated.

Sep 3, 2007, 07:00 PM
    OMG the stupidity here is so sad, why do I bother?

Sometimes people have difficult issues. A place like this is where one can discuss them, not be abused for having a shockingly unpleasant thing happen to them/idea occur to them. You obviously think differently.

GR
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Lady I do not profess religion of any type. But I will say that I would not let any 19 year old sister bath with my 7 year old son. I wouldn't care what my husband or anyone else says it is not right. I think most people feel this way.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:03 PM
    greyraven disagrees: I'm not interested in your take on morality, only on the medical science of the situation
    I am not going to give you a medical answer because this is morally wrong!! I refuse to put myself in the place of the sexual predator such as your step-daughter.

She has some major freaking issues if she wants to take a bath with a 7 year old. Time for some counseling.

Sep 3, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Comment on bushg's post
    Another peanut-gallery heckler
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Hell, I won't even bathe with my 5 year old son and I am his MOTHER, for crying out loud.

Apparently this so called step-sister has some sexual issues that need to be dealt with or you will find CPS at your door taking your son away from you.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:06 PM
    HMM, we may think differently, but I think we are the ones thinking CLEARLY here.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:09 PM

Sometimes people have difficult issues. A place like this is where one can discuss them, not be abused for having a shockingly unpleasant thing happen to them/idea occur to them. You obviously think differently.

GR
    Difficult issues!? You should be reported to the authorities! If the age difference is no issue to you, YOU need help, too.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:10 PM
    I don't know about the problem of the boy catching anything from the girl but I do know that if he does bath with her and the kids at school find out they will think he is the luckiest kid in the whole school system. And they will be so envious of him they will cry.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:11 PM
    j9, bushg, and fr_chuck, good job. I think you answered very well. There is some deep lying issues here that need to be addressed. No I am not a head shrink, but I have had some child behavior classes that tell of such situations. Most of the time the situations occur from someone that was done that way when they were younger. Not only is this a moral issue, but a legal issue.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Of course, you could go away... Never Never Land is looking for it's sign...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Genital Warts

It is a virus, and can come back even if treated but it is not the same as herpes ( unless medically it is classified as it, but I have never seen it referred to as it)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step daughter [ 7 Answers ]

This is another problem we had along with the other post. Something I need to know if I'm right or wrong. My husband has a daughter he raised since she was 9, he spoile her and never told her no and still doesn't she is 25. When we first got together she sang in kerokie bars and at fairs etc... ...

What to do with a step-son [ 6 Answers ]

I need advice about a 8 year old step-on that is a lot smarter than his mom thinks he is. I am a GOD fearing man that lives by standards and respect for others, so how can I get my point across to my step-son to be respectful without my wife giving me a soar eye for being hard on him (not yelling...

My step son wants me to adopt him how do I go about it [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband for 8 years, and I have been raising his son as my own ever since! His mother has not been an active part of his life she lives in another country with her new husband, changed her religion and way of life for him to muslim (we are catholic) who is in the...

Step daughter [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I got married 7 months ago, he has a 19 yr. old daughter whom I got along with until we got married, she tried to ruin the wedding and acted really bad at the reception, getting into a big fight with her dad that night and didn't say a word to me the whole night. After we got back...

Adopting a step daughter [ 4 Answers ]

My step daughter's Father is now dead and she would like me to adopt her so that she can genuinely feel part of our family. I would also like this to happen but what is involved in the legal process and how long does this take. Also is there a large cost involved?

View more questions Search