Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:15 PM
    I just got my 5 year old out of the bath about a half an hour ago and I am now so freaking sick to my stomach that any adult would have the audacity to ask such a ludicrous question. It is beyond me!!

This is just sick, SICK, SICK!!!!!
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greyraven
    OMG the stupidity here is so sad, why do I bother?
    Oh, no, you didn't!!

The stupidity HERE!! Woman, you are stupid to even entertain the idea that this is appropriate!!
    greyraven Posts: 18, Reputation: -5

Sep 3, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Wow, This place is such a joke!

I was really hoping for some intelligent, thoughtful responses, whether they agreed with persons of differing ages/genders bathing innocently together or not, but there's been nothing but peanut-gallery style heckling from arrogant perverts with dirty minds. At least letmetellu has a sense of humor about being a prick.

You are all so quick to throw *me* in jail who's trying to protect my kid, and get some support in doing so.

Yeah. Throw me in jail. Leave my son with his father and the step-daughter.
    Great work, guys...

*sigh*
    GR
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Just pray for the young child, that the boy will be removed from this situation before he is tramatized for life, grows up and wants to take baths with young children.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

He is 7 years old? I can remember a lot from when I was 7. Im not sure what age it was but I showered with my sister a couple times when I was younger, she would have been 12 or something and I would have probably been 6 or something and I think it wrong.

I can't remember what I thought about it then, but I do not like to talk about it now. My sister isn't weird at all, I'm sure my mom was busy or something as she usually is, but I wish it never happened.

And if my sister would have had a STD my life would be really bad. Wouldn't you hate being a 7year old with a STD? I don't think it worth it at all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Yes, child abuse is not being or not being religious, I would believe the atheist and others on here would still agree this is wrong in just too many levels,

But you got your answer, yes they are contaigous and yes it is a high risk of transfer at any time merely from skin to skin contact.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:19 PM
    I'm not a doctor. I'm a librarian and a professional counselor.

The medical literature says that HPV (genital warts) are the most contagious STD there is. It does not have visible symptoms to show when there's an outbreak, so assume contagion is possible 24/7.

HPV can be passed from an infected person to an uninfected person through skin-to-skin contact and even from using towels, washcloths, etc. that have been used by a person who has warts.

The risk of infection is extremely high. Your son should not engage in any intimate contact (showers, baths, saunas, hot tubs, getting dressed or undressed with/by, etc.) with your step-daughter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Genital warts, also known as venereal warts, or condylomata acuminata, are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). More than 100 types of HPV are known to exist. Low risk types (HPV 1, 2, and 3) cause warts on the hands, feet, and other parts of the body. Types (6 and 11) can cause warts on the genitals or anus (genital warts), and other types (HPV 16 and 18) can cause cancer of the cervix, external genitalia, and anus. The HPV types that cause genital warts only rarely cause cancer. Genital warts are usually sexually transmitted and all partners should be checked thoroughly. They can also be seen in infants who have been delivered vaginally to mothers with HPV in their genital tracts; therefore, alternate methods of delivery should be considered.

Only a small percentage of people infected with HPV will develop genital warts. Many people are "carriers" of HPV who may never develop warts, but may still be able to pass HPV to their sexual partners. The incubation period from contracting HPV until the development of warts may be several months; although, some people may not develop warts for years after contact with HPV. People who have lower immunity due to cancer, AIDS, organ transplantation, immune suppressive medications, or certain other medications are more susceptible.

** warning photos not for everyone
    http://www.aad.org/public/Publicatio...nitalWarts.htm
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:22 PM
    DermAtlas: Dermatology Image Atlas with 9712 Dermatology Images type in genital warts. After looking at this you may want to move out with your son. I would be damned if I would put my son at risk for this awful disease.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    My question is why you would even think that this is appropriate.
    Truly the most important question.
    Who would think that condoning this atrocity would be appropriate??
    Did your parents tell you this is OK?

Sep 3, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thoughtful and intelligent non-hysterical answer, thank you!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:24 PM
    This person has to know that this is wrong. This thread seems "trollish" to me...
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:25 PM
    You see, my argument comes in where she even thinks this is appropriate, or has to question it. This is NOT appropriate, STD or not!!
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    This person has to know that this is wrong. This thread seems "trollish" to me...
    Did you read the women = toilet thread? I am really sickened by this thread. TOTALLY and completely!!

I think I'll tuck little J in bed tonight and say a special prayer that he never comes across people like this.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Wow, This place is such a joke!!
    You're the only attempt at a joke. Jokes aren't supposed to be sick. You're sick.
    Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

You have to bring intelligent thoughtful reason to the forum to get the same in return.

You have the option to go play in the street.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Did you read the women = toilet thread? I am really sickened by this thread. TOTALLY and completely!!!

I think I'll tuck little J in bed tonight and say a special prayer that he never comes across people like this.
    That is sick!

People like this give everyone all the more reason to never take an eye off their kids.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:31 PM
    You see, my argument comes in where she even thinks this is appropriate, or has to question it. This is NOT appropriate, STD or not!!!
    STD's or STI's aren't the greater issue. The total lack of intellect that would allow this form of abstract reason, makes me think this grey-thing is hopelessly ill. Euthanasia?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2007, 07:32 PM
    OMG the stupidity here is so sad, why do I bother?

Sometimes people have difficult issues. A place like this is where one can discuss them, not be abused for having a shockingly unpleasant thing happen to them/idea occur to them. You obviously think differently.

GR
    First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Everything here (except maybe the facts about STD transmittal) has been opinion. While you may disagree with the opinions here, people are entitled to them.

Second, you may not fully understand how sites like this work. Once you post anything, you open that post up to any valid comments from anyone who chooses to comment. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. You knew that your post was going to generate controversy.

Finally, I go along with the others. Yes this site is a place for where one can discuss difficult issues. But when one's question involves such a morally corrupt and reprehensible act as having a 19 yr old take a bath with a 7 yr old (doesn't even matter what sex or relations on either side), then people can and will speak out against it. That you would only care about the physical health issues and not the moral issues (and it has nothing to do with religion or god, since I believe in neither) does not speak well for you. That your husband would be in favor of this raises more issues about his maturity and sense. And that the step-daughter even wants to do this is truly frightening for the welfare of your son and for her mental and moral capacity.

So, rail on about our stupidity. If this be stupidity then I gladly plead guilty.

Sep 3, 2007, 07:32 PM
    To those of you who've posted helpful medical information, thank you.

To the hysterics: Please move to the middle east with the rest of your kind.

GR
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:34 PM
    To the hysterics: Please move to the middle east with the rest of your kind.

GR
    EXCUSE ME!!

I am not a hysteric, but a RESPONSIBLE parent. Do you even know the definition of responsibility is?

I didn't think so!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step daughter [ 7 Answers ]

This is another problem we had along with the other post. Something I need to know if I'm right or wrong. My husband has a daughter he raised since she was 9, he spoile her and never told her no and still doesn't she is 25. When we first got together she sang in kerokie bars and at fairs etc... ...

What to do with a step-son [ 6 Answers ]

I need advice about a 8 year old step-on that is a lot smarter than his mom thinks he is. I am a GOD fearing man that lives by standards and respect for others, so how can I get my point across to my step-son to be respectful without my wife giving me a soar eye for being hard on him (not yelling...

My step son wants me to adopt him how do I go about it [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband for 8 years, and I have been raising his son as my own ever since! His mother has not been an active part of his life she lives in another country with her new husband, changed her religion and way of life for him to muslim (we are catholic) who is in the...

Step daughter [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I got married 7 months ago, he has a 19 yr. old daughter whom I got along with until we got married, she tried to ruin the wedding and acted really bad at the reception, getting into a big fight with her dad that night and didn't say a word to me the whole night. After we got back...

Adopting a step daughter [ 4 Answers ]

My step daughter's Father is now dead and she would like me to adopt her so that she can genuinely feel part of our family. I would also like this to happen but what is involved in the legal process and how long does this take. Also is there a large cost involved?

View more questions Search