Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inquizative Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Placing a Lien on my own property?
    I've been told that wealthy people place two liens on their own property, together equalling 100% of the value, to protect it should someone else want to place a lien on it. Is this correct? And how do we go about doing this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:24 PM
    You can not place a lien on your own property. If your property is owned by a LLC or Corporation, you may have another company that has a mortgage on it.

But if you could even legally place a lien on your own property, it would not protect you from a judgement since the lien is value, so they would merely get the lien given to them by the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on property. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I won a judgement and put an lien on her property, so can someone tell me how she able to get refinancing on that same property without paying me the money that she owes me? Also, did the finance company break any law by ignoring the lien that was placed on her property? What are...

Old Lien on Property [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lien which showed up on my property from a previous owner. The lien should have been settled in 1987. It doesn't show up as discharged at the county clerks office either. My attorney isn't really putting effort into getting it removed. How can I find out more information so I...

Property lien [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I purchased a home about 2 years ago in the state of New Jersey. I am recently having problems with my spouse and contemplating a divorce. While applying for a home equity loan, I found that the house has a lien against a federal case my husband lost a few years after we married. My question...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search