Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 03:51 PM
    What should I do?
    I am so lost and confused right now, I don't even know what to think.

My husband, in my opinion, is getting a little too close to his sister's husband's little sister. He calls her (which I know for a fact, his cell is in my name, I get the records) and writes her on the internet (myspace/yahoo). When I walk into the room, I can clearly see he's writing to her, and as soon as he sees me, BAM, he deletes whatever he is doing and closes out the page.

He wrote to everyone recently announcing his new job offer in California. She wrote him a message (I snuck up on him and read it before he could delete it) saying something like "we need to talk about what you are doing, call me" replying about his job offer. Why the hell would she care, if something wasn't going on?

Now mind you, she is in Kentucky (which is where he is from) and we are in Florida. I didn't think anything of this until he said he wanted to go to Kentucky alone, saying it would be too much of a hassle to bring the kids. He says he wants to go for another job interview (dont ask me why, he already accepted a job offer paying well more than we need). We plan on moving to California in November, so why wouldn't he want me and the kids to go and visit his mom before we make the big move? Hmm? Seems fishy to me.

Whenever I ask him about this he just blows me off and says "i dont know why she talks to me"... BULL! I'm getting to the point where I just want to leave. I barely trust him anymore, and I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 03:59 PM
    I think you need to be a little more confrontational.
    Make him explain. Or make her explain!
    Don't make me come over there!
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 04:01 PM
    I do confront him, and he gets all defensive and yells at me. I'm thinking about writing her, but I'm not sure about that yet. If its nothing, I don't want to feel stupid, but if it is something, I don't want to look stupid for staying with him.

I always told myself I would not put up with any crap.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:04 PM
    I would not put with any crap either! This sounds like crap to me. What is he trying to get by with? Have you talked to your sister about this? Maybe she can do some digging around for you. At least alert her so she can have her radar up and running. How old is this brother-in-law's sister? The story about another job interview is fishy to me too. If it were a bona fide interview, taking family with would be no hassle.

I am sorry you are going through this, truly I am. Here is to a peaceful resolution. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Speak softly and carry a big stick! Take care.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 05:13 PM
    I would say that I would take the cell phone away and block him from the computer, and tell him he can talk to his little... ( you pick the word) from his own house if he wants to keep talking to her.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Thank you both for responding :)

The brother in law's sister is 19, whenever I talk about her I refer to her as "the little girl".. I think that pisses him off.

Thank you for thinking of me shygrneyez, I really appreciate it. :)

And to Chuck, I have seriously thought about taking the phone away like you said, I think I just might do that.

I am not allowing this crap anymore. He always acts like everything is "hunky dory" (until I bring this up), which makes me think he is just being nice to me to cover up for whatever he is pulling behind my back.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:32 PM
    What would you tell someone in your spot?

I'm so sorry that your husband is acting so sneaky. I would be suspicious as well. You need to lay down the law here. You are getting ready to uproot your family to a new state for his new job. The last thing you want is to get out there and how him run off to Kentucky (and honestly for a 19 year old?? Come on... ). I would tell him that he needs to tell you what is going on now. I would tell him that if the more defensive he gets and the more he refuses to talk about it that you are just going to draw your own conclusions and that he does not want that.

My thoughts are with you. You are way too good of a person to have someone treat you this way. Not fair at all.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Thank you Glinda :)

To me when he acts defensive like that it means he is doing something wrong. When I ask him about it he gets really mad and either yells at me or doesn't talk to me anymore. If he wasn't doing anything wrong, I would think he would just tell me instead of getting so mad.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Thank you Glinda :)

To me when he acts defensive like that it means he is doing something wrong. When I ask him about it he gets really mad and either yells at me or doesnt talk to me anymore. If he wasnt doing anything wrong, I would think he would just tell me instead of getting so mad.
    I agree people who have nothing to hide don't act so irrational. For example my best friend was snooping in her fiancés apartment and find letter and pictures of his ex girlfriend in a drawer. She lost it. She thought it meant he still had feelings for her and was still in love with her. He just looked at her and said I had no idea they were in that drawer. I don't use it. Let's throw out all this stuff right now and go through some of my other drawers and make sure nothing is left over. She said that by him doing that she knew there were no residual feelings and he was carrying nothing.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
    See I wish my husband would just be like that. I wish he would say something like "i'm sorry, I didnt know it hurts your feelings" or something like that, instead he just says "maybe she likes me" or "i dont know why she talks to me".. ugh!

I hate myspace for this very reason, but he is #1 on her myspace, above her brother and sister and the rest of her family. I told him that if she does like him it makes her look obvious, and people nowadays need to cover their tracks better if they are going to do wrong. He just rolled his eyes.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Sep 3, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Nauticalstar, When you get to California-welcome! It does sound as if your husband is getting a little closer to cheating. Do everything in your power to circumvent this. He is YOUR Husband, as in mine all mine. And he has small children to raise to adulthood. She is not going to care if your world gets turned upaside down, turn hers around a little right now.
    Better an ounce of prevention... Although I will say if a man wants to cheat , he will. Some other willing participant is around-or on every corner.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Thank you for responding cerisa :)

Everyone in his family knows this girl, even his mom. I will see what I can stir up, maybe someone knows something. If they do, hopefully they will tell me the truth. I hope at least someone thinks about my feelings if they do know something.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2007, 12:18 AM
    I know the feeling. I think you should ask him straight up, but you would still be curious if he answer you truthfully, right? Good luck !
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 12:20 AM
    Thank you for your response Marily :)

Okay, I told him what I was feeling and he completely shut down. I asked him to talk to me about it and he said "I dont respond to people that dont trust me". So much for talking about my feelings, because apparently he doesn't care. :(

I guess I'll just have to do some investigating.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2007, 12:38 AM
    I used to feel like this, I logged into my husband accounts, it was awfull spying around like that, but sometimes the feeling of insecurity is too much. I think whether he is guilty or of anything or not the truth will come out sooner or later
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Sep 4, 2007, 10:40 AM
    I read a book- "you can't have him, he's mine" it is full of GREAT advice for women who's men are cheating, thinking of cheating or are just dogs who stray all the time.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cerisa
    I read a book- "you can't have him, he's mine" it is full of GREAT advice for women who's men are cheating, thinking of cheating or are just dogs who stray all the time.
    Thanks! I'll look into that. :)

Now I'm really confused. I talked to him this morning and he said he doesn't want to go to Kentucky anymore and he's calling around today to find out what this girl wants.

Of course I am not stupid, he can call anyone for all I know and come home from work with a new story. My guard is no where near going down.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Wondergirl agrees: He gets mad because he's on the defensive (i.e. somehow guilty for something).
    That's exactly what I was thinking too. Why get so mad if you aren't doing anything wrong?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 4, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Thanks! I'll look into that. :)

Now i'm really confused. I talked to him this morning and he said he doesnt want to go to Kentucky anymore and he's calling around today to find out what this girl wants.

Of course I am not stupid, he can call anyone for all I know and come home from work with a new story. My guard is no where near going down.
    Hey Doll,
    Sorry you're going through this. I'd be suspicious as well, so I don't blame you. Maybe this means he's had time to think and is starting to see what his actions look like to others?
    I can't give much better advice than the others, but maybe you could make an excuse to call her and say something like...
    (very sweetly) "Hey, I noticed you've been calling *hubby* a lot lately. Is there anything I can help you with?"

She'd probably crap her pants. :D
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo
    Hey Doll,
    Sorry you're going thru this. I'd be suspicious as well, so I don't blame you. Maybe this means he's had time to think and is starting to see what his actions look like to others?
    I can't give much better advice than the others, but maybe you could make an excuse to call her and say something like...
    (very sweetly) "Hey, I noticed you've been calling *hubby* a lot lately. Is there anything I can help you with?"

She'd probably crap her pants. :D
    LOL she probably would, and I'd feel good knowing that I made her do it... thats kind of evil. :p

He did say this morning too that he has been under a lot of stress with getting out of the Navy and moving and stuff like that. I have been trying to figure out of that ties into this at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search