Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike_3720 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Ice maker Maytag wide by side
    My ice maker on my Maytag wide by side isn't working. There seems to be ice in the tray but it will not cycle and drop the ice cubes... Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Mike
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Could be the motor in the ice make is bad. Can you remove the front cover on the module to test? If you get it off and have test holes available on the front a voltmeter post back and I will give you the test procedures
    mike_3720 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 05:20 PM
    esquire1, does the cover just pop off the motor... I've tried to pull the cover off, but I'm afraid of breaking it if I use much more pressure... I do have a voltmeter...
    Thanks for the help...
    Mike
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Yes, use a coin or small flat screwdriver or table knife. Don not force it though, it should just unsnap

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side ice maker does not sut off [ 12 Answers ]

We have a GE GSS22SGMC BS side by side ser #SA232724 refrigerator which has given us nothing but trouble ever since we’ve had it. The latest problem for which I am looking for answers concerns the ice cube making device. Periodically, the cubes pile up into a mass of almost welded-together cubes....

Ge side by side ice maker problems [ 0 Answers ]

I have a ge refrigerator. The ice maker would release a small amout of water. I replaced the dual valve. That didn't work. I check for the lines for screens to see if they were clog. I couldn't find any screeens. I then replaced the ice maker. Still isn't working. I'm getting water through the...

View more questions Search