Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purpletaxgal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2005, 04:07 AM
    Charge for an audit
    I have a client who wants me to bascially complete an unofficial audit of her company's books for years 1997-current. She requested an estimate of the cost. Since it is going to be quite tedious and involved I really am having a hard time calculating the fee - whether to charge per hour or one flat fee. Any accountants or enrolled agents out there have any suggestions? Thanks
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2005, 04:37 PM
    Fee
    Quote Originally Posted by purpletaxgal
    I have a client who wants me to bascially complete an unofficial audit of her company's books for years 1997-current. She requested an estimate of the cost. Since it is going to be quite tedious and involved I really am having a hard time calculating the fee - whether to charge per hour or one flat fee. Any accountants or enrolled agents out there have any suggestions? Thanks

Charge hourly fee, time is money, since you don't know the extent of the paperwork for the audit, bill your time hourly.

mr.yet
    Coger Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Purpletaxgal
    :-) How bad do you want to retain this client?
    I agree with Mr. Yet!
    However does your client want to spend what it will cost? Sounds like a lenghty job. If your doing that work, make sure it covers what you may be missing with another client.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tied my retained earnings to last audit [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know who to tied my retained earnings to the last year audit I have previous audit.

Under Or Over Charge! [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Know If The System Under Or Over Charge Without Using The Gauge.

Audit Opinion [ 1 Answers ]

Please provide an example of an audit opinion a company can get for not carrying out an annual review of the residue values and useful lives of property plant and equipment?

Audit firms... [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone give me any specific website(s) where I can find History of Ernst & Young in Malaysia? What are the current developments in this firm? Any urgent reply would be appreciated. Thanks a lot and hope to hear the answer very soon.

View more questions Search