Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Velasa Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Looking for a quote from 'Understandinc Comics'
    I have to write this long rambling paper about art, and I want to use a quote from Scott McCloud's 'Understanding Comics'. My copy's at home and not doing me much good there...

In one of the early chapters of the book there's the short story with the cavemen. What I'd love to get is the remarks made right after the guy gets away from the tiger and blows a raspberry back at it, the one that talks about how art is anything that isn't done for survival could be called art. I know it's right around that part that he goes into it.

Thank you so much for you time.
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Sep 3, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I couldn't find the book online but I did find an in depth analysis of the book here: Creative Writing/Comics - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks This looks like a really awesome book; I'd love to have a copy.

Also, is this Jen from Edinboro? If it is, this is Emy from your intermediate animation class. If not, ignore my rampant ignorance. Lol
    Velasa Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 11:14 AM
    It is an amazing book and I absolutely recommend it, especially if you are interested in all sorts of strange insights on comics ^^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit quote [ 2 Answers ]

What does, "Om tare tuttare ture soha", an affirmation of the Green Tara, mean?

What is your favourite quote [ 97 Answers ]

Dear members, What are your favourite quotes? Interesting, inspiring, deep, powerful, anything that you really like. Thank you.:)

Explain the following quote [ 1 Answers ]

One free man defending his home is more powerful than ten hired soldiers

A quote that I live by! [ 9 Answers ]

This is something that means a lot to me and would like to share it with anyone that has had to go through hard times in your life: As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more then once...

Looking for a quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a quote that says the same thing as, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Thanks.

View more questions Search