Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mac34233 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Remote dip switches
    I have lost my remote for a hampton fan. I have a remote for another hampton fan.

I am trying to get the remote working with the other fan. I have all 4 dip switches the same for remote and the sensor. They are both Hampton bay products. Unfortunaltly it is not working.

Some minor differences. The old remote could reverse the fan. The new remote only has light (dimmer) and 3 fan speeds. Is there anyway to get these 2 talking to each other, or is it a lost cause.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:05 PM
    I would try all possible dip switch combinations. But it may be a lost cause. You can order replacement remotes that will work.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change dip settings in Harbor Breeze remote [ 2 Answers ]

I think I accidentally changed the dip settings in my Harbor Breeze remote when I changed the battery. How do I find the correct dip settings? Preferably without opening up the ceiling fan itself. Thank you!

Doing dip... wats the best [ 4 Answers ]

Pretrty self explanatory I like to do skoal cherry and apple and other really good ones that are worth it??

Where For I find the dip switches in the ceiling fan? [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan/light With A Remote. I Recently Replaced The Remote Thinking That Was Why It Wouldn't Work Anymore, But It Still Is Not Working Even With The New Remote. Teh Dip Switches Match The Old Remote. I Am Wanting To Know Where The Switches Are In The Fan Itself So I...

How do I correctly wire a new ceiling fan (with a remote) when there are 2 switches? [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an old ceiling fan (that had a light) with a newer version that has a remote to control both the light and fan. The old fan was wired to work on 2 separate switches - one for the light (I'll call it switch #1) and one for the fan (switch #2). There is a third switch in the...

401k triple dip [ 1 Answers ]

I worked 4 months in NY 8 months in NJ, lived 6months in NY 6 months in PA. While living in NY I closed out my 401k and paid 20 percent penalty. Do I have to report this as income in all 3 states when filing as well as my federal.

View more questions Search