Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Gas or oil
    Dear everyone,

Which one is the better heating systems for winter?

Oil or gas? Or maybe others?

(Moving to Florida doesn't count:D)

Thanks in advance.:)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 02:49 AM
    Actually they all heat the same as long as the size is the same (BTU'S). Oil does need to be serviced every year so that may cost a bit more than a gas unit over time. There are all kinds of old wife's tales about how oil burns hotter and gas is cleaner ETC. but a BTU is a BTU. If it were my home I would take a chart and figure what is the best fuel to use in your area cost wise. In some areas you can heat cheaper with natural gas than oil and in other areas a heat pump with electric heat is the way to go.

Call a couple of local reputable HVAC companies in your area and have them look at your place then get a bid on the different kinds they recommend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas/Oil Ratio Measuring [ 1 Answers ]

Is anyone aware of a past or current tool for measuring the oil ratio in gas after it has been mixed. Need to be able to tell if the currrent mix is 16:1, 24:1, 32:1, 40:1, or 50:1

Gas/oil ratio for chainsaw [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftman's lightweight chainsaw 2.0 cubic inch and I am not sure what gas/oil ratio to use, can anyone help me?:p

Gas in the oil [ 2 Answers ]

I think I'm having a major probem - last season my mower stopped working - now, I'm trying to figure out the problem. It's getting fire but when I try to start it with the spark plug in it will not turn over - if I take the plug out then it turns over very easy. I went to change the oil and found...

Gas and oil mixture [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the correct mixture of gas and oil for my featherlight weedeater ASAP!

View more questions Search