Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobb442 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Maytag Dryer gets new coil set lights igniter then nothing
    Maytag DG410 igniter lights then gas comes on but won't stay on , Replaced coil set but wires were not the same colors , so I matched the coils as they came out of the old coils ! The one coil clicks but no gas lights I know I have gas at the valve IT lit once before I changed the coils I may not have the wires right or possibly in the wire nuts the igniter glows then the solenoid clicks but as soon as it clicks the igniter stops glowing !
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2007, 06:14 PM
    What's supposed to happen. The igniter lights. (5 sec) Then the pilot comes on. The ignitor stays on. The pilot heats a capillary tube (40 sec) which opens the main gas valve. Ignitor turns off.

If the "flame shaper", for lack of a better word, doesn't divert enough of the flame to the capillary tube, the burner will shut down.
    bobb442 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 06:50 PM
    No capillary or thermocoupler on this the igniter has to satisfy a window sensor to be sure it's on then it releases gas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Outside Condsing Unit, Bad indoor Coil - Go with Heat Pump or Buy New Coil? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, Here is my issue. Recently, our home warranty company paid to replace a 25 year old 7 SEER Borg Warner outside unit, but swore up and down that the indoor Borg Warner Coil would be OK with the new 10 SEER Carrier. We no longer have this home warranty company and they are not standing...

Kenmore Elite Dryer not heating but coil good [ 1 Answers ]

My 110.810320000 model dryer's heating coil stopped receiving current the other day. I see no obvious burn marks at any of the circuitry or wiring junctions yet the coil does work (tested outside the dryer), just no current gets to it. Everything else works likes a top, light, motor, dashboard etc....

Dryer Heating Coil [ 1 Answers ]

My electric dryer is not generating any heat. I don't have a volt meter to test the current at the coil. A few of the coils look a little burnt, but the coil is not broken. All other elements of the dryer are working (ie. It is turning, the light is on inside) The vent is not clogged. Any...

Maytag Refrigerator Lights Have Gone Out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Plus Refrigerator, Model MTF2456AE and lights have gone out in freezer and refrigerator. I have replaced all the bulbs and still no luck. Can I fix myself? Is there a fuse that might have gone out? Do I need to call a repairman? :confused:

View more questions Search