Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenda Santamaria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 12:15 PM
    G4 consultant and taxes
    I am a consultant at an international organization since July 2nd 2007. I have a G4 visa and I make 3 thousand a month.There is confusing information regarding the fact that I must or must not pay taxes. Previously, it was supposed that consultants did not pay because they were under the G4 status but somebody told me that because I am a consultant I have to pay. Do I have to pay or not? If I have to: how do I do so?
    Thank you for your time.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Brenda:

How long have you been IN the United States.

Who pays your salary?

Are you paid as an employee or as an independent contractor?

What country are you from?

ALL of these questions are pertinent to your answer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mary Kay Consultant [ 6 Answers ]

I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay and I have invested about $1900 in the inventory. Was that a smart choice? Any suggestions would be great. And what is the best way to conduct this business??

How to ia become a successful realestate consultant [ 1 Answers ]

1. What should I do to become a successful real estate consultant. 2. what is real estate all about. 3. if a client tells me the fact of his case,and I am not well familiar with the facts,what should I tell the client.

Consultant and Employee [ 1 Answers ]

Differentiate between consultant and employee. Who will receive a good pay. How to calculate professional tax for Consultant. How to calculate tax for an employee. Who is receiving a salary of Rs. 20000/-

Management Consultant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello buddies,I am a holder of a bachelors degree{honours} in Economics,I desperately want to be a Management Consultant.will you good people tell me what to do now?I want to get a masters degree by coursework, commencing this October in either of Marketing;Industrial Relations and Personnel...

View more questions Search