Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 10:45 AM
    What type of water do you drink
    Do you filter it (what do you use)?get bottle water(which ones do you get usually) ?or boil the water from the sink?

Thanks.:)
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 2, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I get bottle water because I can take it anywhere, but sink water is good
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Filtered, bottled contains sugar.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Tap water that comes from Lake Michigan, which is very excellent water.
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 10:53 AM
    The fountain water americans drink all the time, do you guys filter that or is it recycle water??
    I see the water going back to the button of the sink, where is it going to? Is it coming back once I press to get water? Geez, I hope not!! :D
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Tap water is water that comes directly out of my kitchen or bathroom faucet. A tap is a faucet.

Wikipedia says:

"A water fountain or drinking fountain is designed to provide drinking water and has a basin arrangement with either continuously running water or a tap. Modern indoor drinking fountains may incorporate filters to remove impurities from the water and chillers to reduce its temperature. In some regional dialects, water fountains are referred to as bubblers. Water fountains are usually found in public places, like schools, rest areas and grocery stores."

The drain takes the excess water into the sewage system where it is filtered and purified before being released back into the environment--ground, lake, ocean, etc.

Sep 2, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    The fountain water americans drink all the time, do you guys filter that or is it recycle water???
    I see the water going back to the button of the sink, where is it going to? is it coming back once I press to get water?? Geez, I hope not!!!:D
    Of course not lol, the water goes through the filtering process again
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I like the tap water at my parent's house. Their well has great tasting water (It's from lake Michigan too... sorta. Well, about 30 miles away). I have city water where I live, it sucks. I'd prefer bottled water over mine (filtered is okay, but it still tastes weird if it's from the same source)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
    When I lived in western NY just south of another Great Lake, Lake Ontario, our water was piped in from that lake and was also excellent and good tasting.

When we first moved to this Chicago suburb where I still live, our water was piped in from village wells. The water was "hard" with many minerals, so we had to purchase a water softener that was hooked up to our water pipes and kept thick scum from forming when we washed dishes, bodies, and clothes. My aunt lived in another Chicago suburb where the wells contained a lot of iron, so sinks and toilets and bathtubs ended up with yellow rings and layers of crust if they weren't treated with chemicals.

Well water in Northern NJ, I've heard, has a peculiar taste but is not harmful to humans.
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 11:18 AM
    How about spring? Do you filter that then drink? Or just drink it
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 11:52 AM
    When I lived in New Hampshire, the water in the well was Artesian Spring and so cold, you'd get an ice cream headache.
    Here in Florida, the tap water is good but isn't cold enough. I have chilled water on the front of the fridge and it's filtered.
    Water from "the city" also contains additives like fluoride that can be beneficial.
    Bottled water is more portable and quite handy. I keep several cases on hand.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2007, 06:09 PM
    When I drink water, I drink Volvic. Delicious!
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSnownw
    When I drink water, I drink Volvic. Delicious!
    Have you had their "fruitkiss"? :rolleyes: I heard that's the new stuff they are getting now. I couldn't find it in my area though, it was big in Japan.
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I pefer bottled water. Although, did you know that bottoled water can be normal tap water, unless its spring water, then it can't be tap water?
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    Have you had their "fruitkiss"? :rolleyes: I heard that's the new stuff they are getting now. I couldn't find it in my area though, it was big in Japan.
    I have tried their fruit water. The strawberry was pretty good. However, that was in Scotland, but I'm sure they have that here in the States too.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 06:58 PM
    When I drink water it is usually Aquafina or Nestle Pure Life. :)
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
    I used to drink Propel Fitness Water when I worked out in there field, in the summertime. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that good for you, and I assumed that back then, but it did taste good. I just thought of it as gatorade without the food coloring, since it was developed by them.

Sep 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
    vitamin water tastes good and is good for you.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    vitamin water tastes good and is good for you.
    I've never had that, but I've heard good things about it. I'm going to have to try it. :p

Sep 4, 2007, 07:40 PM
    It tastes good and there are always funny statements on the bottles

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't drink water [ 9 Answers ]

My dog is 4 months old and he lost his first baby teeth last week and will only eat soft food, which is understandable, but now for the last 3 days he will not drink water. I had to start adding water to his food and make it like a gravy because he refuses the water completely. I can't afford to...

Won't drink water at all [ 6 Answers ]

My dog had been throwing up. I have got that under control but now he won't drink any water. Usually that is all he does. I have tried ice cubes in and out of the water, flavored water, juice, pedialyte, the only thing he will do is eat popsicles. He is on the boiled chicken and rice diet. I am...

Do fish drink water? [ 2 Answers ]

My almost 5 year old daughter wants to know what happens to the water in her golfish bowl. She says the fish drinks it. I am not so sure.

Why do dogs drink scummy water? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I have been taking my greyhound to a play group that meets at an off-leash dog park on Sundays. She loves it. My problem is that the "park" actually belongs to the utility company, and is really an area set aside for storm run-off. (You see these a lot in Austin... essentially shallow...

Dog won't drink water [ 9 Answers ]

Yesterday I found a stray dog in the street. He didn't have a collar. My mom and I walked him over to the nearby vet and she came out and looked him over. She said he was about 6 years old and her and I both agreed he seems to look like a shepherd collie mix. He's just a sweet heart, but the...

View more questions Search