Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdwelder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
    John deere lx 288
    Blades won't engage and when you try to engage them the mower wants to quit running.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 12:45 PM
    You have a safety switch issue, or a faulty pto clutch assembly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere replacement [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I have a JD L120 with 65hrs and a failed Hydro, Luckily its 23months old and will receive a new Hydro under warranty. As it has only lasted 1 1/2 summers I am sceptical to it's longevity. I mow a series of slopes covering 6 acres. I am interested in a replacement that will last, any...

John Deere 160 [ 2 Answers ]

I took the floating deck off, when I put it back on, it will not move. I have an owner's manual, but it's no help. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of how to reattach the deck? THanks, AWE

John Deere L110 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2003 John Deere L110. At the beginning of this mowing season, when I cranked it, the engine tried to crank with it in the run position and stopped cranking in the crank position! Then it just stopped cranking altogether. I replaced the ignition switch and that did not help. I replaced...

John Deere 318 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere 318 with an Onan engine. When I try to move the mower it wants to die after the hydrostat safety switch is released. If I "tie" down the safety switch I can drive it, but it dies as I hit the mowing deck. Any hints on what to replace? Thanks, Rod Hite

John deere mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.my riding mower won't stay running.it will run fine for about five minutes then die,won't restart until it cools down after 30 minutes or so.I changed the coil,spark plug and have fresh gas in it.

View more questions Search