Mini Daschund Teeth
    Do puppy's teeth come out?
    Do they grow back?
    Is it normal for them to loose teeth?
    Should we see a vet about this?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 02:34 PM
    What is happening with your pup is quite normal. As with human children, puppies teeth do fall out and their adult teeth grow in. It just happens a lot sooner with puppies than humans. This is not worth spending money on a visit to your vet. Your puppy is just fine.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Yes, routine.

Young Labs, which I know best, and other puppies tend to very bad about
    Biting. You see a litter of them, and all the ones that are awake are biting
    Another one or themselves. I am not even sure they realize that when they are
    Alone, if they quit biting, they would quit being bitten. At 3 to 4 months
    They are getting their adult teeth, and it seems they spend every waking
    Moment biting or chewing. One thing you can do at that stage is to knot and wet a piece of cloth. Then freeze it. The cooling will soothe the gums. Only let the puppy have it when you are there to watch it. I maintain a Lab's favorite chew toy is another
    Lab. Otherwise they settle for any person they can. They keep hoping to find
    One that won't yelp, jerk their hand away, and leave.

You just have to keep on correcting them, hundreds of times, not dozens.
    Provide sturdy, safe toys such as Kongs and Nylabones. Avoid things they can
    Chew pieces off and choke on them. Keep them away from electrical cords.
    Crates are essential for most young Labs and other dogs.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 4, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Absolutely normal, they will fall out and be replaced just like people teeth...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mini Daschund pottie issue 1 yo [ 1 Answers ]

My female doxie is a year as of July she still insists on getting up at least 2x EVERY night and if I miss her she goes and poops or pees in the bathroom. I am seriously drained from getting up twice at night but don't like the alternative. She also has been occasionally peeing on the couch like...

Mini Daschund Having Seizures [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 yr old male, mini daschund who has recently started having seizures. I'm not familiar with the breed and actually didn't acquire him until he was 4 yrs and from a stranger so I don't know his history. Are seizures a common medical condition for this breed?

Mini Daschund Bladder Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My year old mini daschund has been holding his urine for long periods. When he does go he goes a lot. Sometimes he will start walking away while he is still peeing. He is also peeing unexpectedly when he never used too. Any suggestions?+

Mini-Daschund w/ ear problems [ 1 Answers ]

We brought home a 1 year old mini-daschund about 2 months ago. He is great, but about 2 days ago he started scratching his ears and rubbing them on the carpet and whining. I have cleaned the edges out with Q-tips and was able to clean out some brown gunk, but although he was very still, I was...

Mini daschund pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how long a mini daschund pregnancy lasts? I think my mini might have gotten pregnant on her last heat?

View more questions Search