Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kamimom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2005, 04:06 PM
    Annullment vs Divorce
    I need an answer to a question I have reference my son and his marriage. My son got married in May, he has been shipped out to Egypt for a training mission with his army unit. His wife has come back home and is telling people that she is going to divorce him. My question is in reference to them getting the marriage annulled rather than a divorce. We live in the state of Wyoming and my son is stationed in Georgia and will be back in mid October. Could someone please help me or direct me to someone or someplace that can answer my questions.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Sep 7, 2005, 11:51 PM
    These are hard to prove
    Annullments or Decrees of Nullity must be proven... All evidence must highlight the wedding day... some basic element must have been lacking on the day the couple married such (intent... on child-bearing or fidelity) One of the parties must prove that they did not, on the wedding day, intend on having children or remaining faithful, one of the parties, on the wedding day, must prove inability to enter the binding contract such as intoxication, fraud, gross immaturity, under-age, bigamy, insanity, duress, concealment, etc. and in extreme cases, incest. It is simpler to file a no contest divorce; no fault divorce... annullments require in some states a year separation before it can be granted, as well as, non consummated union between the couple. I understand the religious law governing marriage; however, I would personally repent and seek God's forgiveness and rec'v God's grace, if I wanted to marry another or remain single. I pray your daughter-in law has cooled her position, she knew she married a military man which declares a non 9-5 husbandman. If it can be proved that on the Wedding Day, concealment, intoxication, the intent of the life-long union was a farce, an annullment should be sought, any of these things arising after the Wedding Day does not constitute grounds for an annullment. Annullments do not dissolve a marriage, nothing on Earth can dissolve a marriage, God ordained marriages; however, the Laws of the Land permit such a union not to be recognized if a legal component was missing. To rec'v specific for your state... contact a divorce lawyer because these rules are state-specific.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2005, 05:07 AM
    Divorce
    Hi,
    You really need to consult with a lawyer. Ask him/her what they would charge for discussing this with you. Many lawyers won't charge for just talking, until they actually take some type of legal action for you.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom needs a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My mother is trying to purchase a townhome and my mother and father have been separated for over 16 years now the mortgage company states that my father would have to sign at closing. My mother told them she has nothing to from him since 1991 when he left. The mortgage company said she needs to...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Just out of a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with a truly wonderful man for almost 2 years. When I met him he had more baggage than some airports however I was aware of this. I wouldn't have hung on through all his issues had he not shown me the kind of love women dream of. He and I have a very adult relationship. We got each other...

View more questions Search