Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catchpole Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:32 AM
    What's air pressure test
    I have had a loft conversion built with onsuit bathroom the council said I have to have air test on pipe work
    cerbhunt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catchpole
    i have had a loft convertion built with onsuit bathroom the council said i have to have air test on pipe work
    This is probably because you had a water tank in your loft that you have now removed, it is therefore likely that you have converted to a pressurised water system (you're probably getting the best showers you've ever had in the house). As your plumbing system was designed to supply water from a gravity system (ie from you old tank) the council want to make sure that this system can withstand the, much greater, pressures delivered by the mains water system
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 2, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catchpole
    i have had a loft convertion built with onsuit bathroom the council said i have to have air test on pipe work
    In a air pressure test the water system's capped off and air is injected into the closed system. In my area it's 125 PSI for 8 hours. If the system holds you're good to go. If not then repairs are in order. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I am pregnant, test says negative, what's going on? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok this will be long and detailed, I'm 22, never been pregnant before, and I always always have the same expected menstrul cycle. Never been irregular. About a month ago I started on a new birth contrill pill called Previfem, supossed to be similar or pretty much the same as Ortho Cyclin I...

What's the best way to test my sons father? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex (an alcoholic and recreational drug user) wants to take my 5 yr old son to his hometown of virginia for 4 days. Every time my ex visits there, he gets high and binges on alcohol, cocaine, and meth. I will only consider him taking my son if he agrees to a drug and alcohol test as soon as he...

Very little cold air. Can I remove filter to test? [ 8 Answers ]

We just bought a huge house and moved in last December. I know the heater works (since we had several sub zero days and may $800 heating bills). Now the time has come that we actually need to cool this place off, but appears we are in bad shape. I have set the temp to as low as 60 degrees for a...

Help furnace air is wet and heavy what's wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

Our furnace has worked great all winter but now it is putting out air that feels wet and heavy. It makes me cough and it feels hard to breath. It's like water in the air. Like the furnace is not removing moisture. It's like a humidifier running but we do not have one on the furnace and not using...

View more questions Search