Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boppudi_prahaas Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Cold when put rubberbands
    :mad: why do our fingertips become white and cold when we put rubberbands around them?:confused:
    Beachgrl Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Sep 1, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Because you are cutting off the blood flow to the tip of your fingers
    boppudi_prahaas Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 11:52 PM
    When we put rubberbands around our fingers our flow of blood stops and due to lack of blood the fingertips become cold and white
    Beachgrl Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Sep 2, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Yes. Your circulation is what keeps you warm and gives you your pinkish color. Once you stop the blood flow to that part of your body it becomes cold and white
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 2, 2007, 12:20 AM
    And let me know if I am wrong, but that's not good to do. If you leave it like that for a while it can do some damage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Can't put on/off knobs on cold/hot water faucet connection [ 2 Answers ]

My bathroom was remodeled by a non-pro who put drywall in between the existing tile wall and the new tub surround. Now the cold and hot on/off knobs won't fit because the stems they mount on aren't long enough due to the additional dry wall. Extensions to the stems were suggested, but none could...

Put someone out [ 1 Answers ]

I love in Virginia. How long can someone stay in your house before they are considered living there?

When to put down [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 15 year old Pomeranian who isn't doing too well. He has a brain tumor and has seizures. Sometimes he can't even walk down the stairs.He has arthritis and the vet said he's in pain when we walks because his kneecaps have shifted I don't want to cause him to suffer. From that descriptions...

Cold Air Registers Blowing Cold Air [ 3 Answers ]

Our cold air registers are blowing cold air worse than if the windows were open. The hot air registers blow cold air but not as forceful (maybe because they are 1/3 the size of the returns) This only happens when the furnace is off and we are heating with the wood stoves. We have metal ducting...

View more questions Search