Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vicky18 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
    What do they really want?
    What do men and teenage boys really want from women? Just sex or love?
    Slayandkill Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2007, 10:55 PM
    For me (I am a 16 year old guy) I pefer love.. sex just come with it after your lady trust you.. so I say love but other people might dissagree
    Beachgrl Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Sep 1, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Sex. That's all any man wants
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 1, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachgrl
    sex. thats all any man wants

Slayandkill and I both said love is more important.
    Beachgrl Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Sep 1, 2007, 11:58 PM
    Truly hate to be so pessimistic but I hear that a lot. Men will usually answer the way you two have to this type of question but in my experience when it really comes down to it most men will choose sex over love, or even worse get their cake and eat it too... be "in love" with someone and still get a little something on the side. I'm sure there are men out there that aren't like this but I have yet to find 1
    Ceasefire Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Sexual desire is embedded in our dna, somewhere. Not to mention teenage guys' hormones are more active than ever, so you could easily say "all guys want is sex." However, if you were to reach them on a more personal level, a vast majority would say what they really wanted, what really matters to them. Guys are often shallow on the outside, but break through that shell and you'll find that most of them are deeper than you could imagine.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 2, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Truly hate to be so pessimistic but I hear that a lot. Men will usually answer the way you two have to this type of question but in my experience when it really comes down to it most men will choose sex over love, or even worse get their cake and eat it too... be "in love" with someone and still get a little something on the side. I'm sure there are men out there that aren't like this but I have yet to find 1
    Then look harder!
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky18
    [F]What do men and teenage boys really want from women? Just sex or love?:confused:
    That's what I was told when I was younger, and I decided not to date any guy. If you are so afraid of that, then don't date. Of course you can make friends with them, wait until they grow old, become more mature, that will be time for you guys start on a date.
    I am sure there are men that aren't like that at your age, but it's hard to tell, and it takes time to look harder find a one. I weighed the opportunity cost on finding a guy and focusingon school, family, friends, I decided to keep my thoughts on what is MORE IMPORTANT FOR ME. Each individual is quite different, some people just need a bf/gf when they are younger, some don't. Depends on what you focus on your life, that's your choice.
    Anything that happens to you will help you learn more about life and others.
    Always be cautious, I think you are a smart girl, you can tell who really wants love, who is just one of those guys. You are the one in control!
    Good luck:)
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Sep 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Men grow up... eventually. Why just have sex with someone when you can love them and have both?
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Sep 2, 2007, 09:20 AM
    They want everything they can get.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 2, 2007, 11:03 AM
    I just want companionship. Maybe I should get a dog, or something...

I'd rather have love than sex, though,
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 11:28 AM
    I think what a man really wants is validation. Correct me, guys, if I am wrong.
    Man's greatest vulnerability is not only a physical need, but also a psychological one. It is the need to be loved, but not just loved by anyone - to be loved by someone he senses is emotionally independent and strong. This kind of love is validating and worthwhile.
    The validation varies depends on the maturity. When they are younger, they are going around trying to sport a good looking girls on their arm and they want that thing simply due to their physical needs and peer pressure.
    Do you guys really have a contest on getting girls and sleep with virgins? Just curious;)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Sex is what happens under the blanket. Love is the blanket.

I like nicespringgirl's validation theory. Validation is defined by the maturity of a male. Immature males want to score; mature males want love and companionship, a friend and a beloved.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Well yes I think they would prefer to have both, but it depends on the age group I believe, because in the teen years I feel it would be more of the first than the latter. Then as men age, I feel that it would be a mix of both sex , and love. Although a teenaged boy will tell a girl anything to get what he wants. Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 02:09 PM
    I'm in agreement with nicespringgirl; go slow, be careful. Nature is what it is; but the woman usually ends up paying for these mistakes. Love and sex go together in the right relationship and at the right time. But it should not be something that is given at the drop of a hat.
    gallivant_fellow Posts: 157, Reputation: 31

Sep 6, 2007, 12:45 PM
    sex. thats all any man wants
    Any man? I am a man, and I know that if I could have one thing in life, it would be a girl who I love and who loves me back. Real, true, love in every way.

Also, I don't know if "Sex. thats all any man wants" was a joking generalization or a real one, but usually the women who say all men are scum seriously, or all men want is sex, tend to attract those types of men. If you want to attract a good man, you must be a good woman. Then, loser guys will back off.

For instance, my friend Alex and I were talking with another guy about how pretty and cool this girl was. Then the other guy said "She's hot, but I saw her reading like, a five hundred page book dude." We were thinking "SOOO! She's an intellectual, GOOD!" But, he was intimidated because she wasn't scum like him.

Probably the only way to find a man who isn't obsessed with sex, is to hold out on the men you date. It's cruel to them I guess, but if they leave the relationship because there's no sex: One down. If they stay just because they love you: Score Beachgrl.
    Business Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gallivant_fellow
    Any man? I am a man, and I know that if I could have one thing in life, it would be a girl who I love and who loves me back. Real, true, love in every way.

Also, I don't know if "Sex. thats all any man wants" was a joking generalization or a real one, but usually the women who say all men are scum seriously, or all men want is sex, tend to attract those types of men. If you want to attract a good man, you must be a good woman. Then, loser guys will back off.

For instance, my friend Alex and I were talking with another guy about how pretty and cool this girl was. Then the other guy said "She's hot, but I saw her reading like, a five hundred page book dude." We were thinking "SOOO! She's an intellectual, GOOD!" But, he was intimidated because she wasn't scum like him.

Probably the only way to find a man who isn't obsessed with sex, is to hold out on the men you date. It's cruel to them I guess, but if they leave the relationship because there's no sex: One down. If they stay just because they love you: Score Beachgrl.
    Good response GF, very insightful and I might add very true.
    Stringer
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Sep 7, 2007, 01:06 PM
    All right, the joke in life is that men are like dogs, they have a one track mind and they are impulsive. Which is sort of why, men are said to just look for sex. Well it comes down to a lot of things. Biologically, men are created to reproduce. Meaning that they want to continue the species, and the best way of doing this is reproducing with as much females as possible, in order to ensure their species lives on. Which means that in their DNA, something is telling them to have sex as much as possible. Now it happens to be a little different for women. Women have been biologically engineered to search for a mate who can provide offspring that will survive. Think of an alpha dog, confident, strong, and all that stuff. Thusly, women are more apt to be pickier by their DNA because they are subconsciously looking for a man that will fulfill their hidden desires of finding a mate to ensure their offspring. Then for men, it is understandable why they want to have sex more often, because it's their DNA make up to reproduce as much as possible to ensure their species lives on. Now granted we have evolved, but these types of behavior still play a role today. And with the introduction of Sex for pleasure in the early 1900's following the Industrial revolution, they have more or less become hidden desires. Desires covered up by our culture and society.

Now, every person, in my mind wants to find love. Either because we have evolved to look for it or some other explanation, we still want to find true love. Someone that completes us, fulfills us, is the ying to our yang. However, women and men find love in different ways. Men are focused on sex and good looks, because all they care biologically is to ensure their species, and a very attractive women represents good health, thusly there is your attraction. Now the same can be said for women, but appearances are not necessarily as important because they are looking for a mate who also has traits that will make for good offspring, so there comes into play the idea that women care more about personalities.

Basically, what I am trying to say, is that we are engineered differently. The sexes that is, and it's seems to be ignorant to try and separate sex from love. The question isn't if some are looking for sex and some are looking for love. But the question should be are some looking for love or some not looking for love. Mainly because sex is a reproduction act and a pleasurable one that affects many different aspects of today's society. Thus, we shouldn't assume it's either or, but mainly a combination. Sex can be an act of either physical or emotional love, the one we associate with relationships is usually the latter. All I believe is that we should keep in mind, is that sex is part of our DNA make up, and some men are not just simply throwing out the sex to search for love. It simply comes down to those that want love and those that don't. Sex will be there either way.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Sep 7, 2007, 01:08 PM
    αt first sex then when they wαnt to be serious or committed they wαnt both :)
    Business Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 04:08 PM
    WK89,
    Another good answer, but all will not like or believe what you said,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search