Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soontobe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 08:50 PM
    I'm pregnant and haven't been to the doctors
    I found out I was pregnant in June. I haven't been to the doctors yet because I don't have any insurance. I'm not married yet I'm in the process of planning it so we haven't told either of our families because they are like big bible thumpers but we both know I need to go to the doctor.
    Also I don't know how far along I am I hadn't had my period since may 9th but it wasn't normal so what should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Well your bible thumpers will know, so now they will believe you had sex and also wished to lie to them and not tell them. Time will tell, so tell them.

Go to the doctor, so you have to pay a doctors visit, you need a check up.

Sep 1, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Yes time will tell. They already know we have had sex.
    I can't afford to even pay for gas to get to a doctors office let alone a bill.
    Its more important that my soon to be hubby gets the health care he needs since he is a insulin depended diabetic and he would basically die if he gave up that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Go to the local health department, fees are normally based on income.

Next getting care for an unborn child is a top priority also. And if the family knew they may even help.

Sep 1, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Its kind of hard to even do that with one car and him working everyday. And I've already tried going down and we have to high of an income to get any assitance. But he doesn't yet quilfy for insurnce through work. I've looked in to it many times trying to figure out how I'm going to do this.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 2, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Go get healthcare through the state you live in. I don't think that they can turn you away being preggy and all. Now once the baby is born you won't have coverage anymore but they will. I know if you want to you and your soon to be hubby will find a way to work around the one car issue. We only have one car and I have twins. So where there's a will there's a way.
    jhmmr Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 10:27 AM
    While being pregnant your state you live in should have a financial building you can have free insurance being pregnant.
    maddy1 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Medicaid. I think most states offer this to pregnant women.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Sep 2, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Being that you had your last period around May you could be around 16 weeks pregnant which you won't be able to hide it for long eventually the baby gets bigger and bigger.
    Like Myth said get assistance from the state you live in they won't turn a pregnant woman down...
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Dose your baby deserve prenatal care?
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Sep 2, 2007, 04:30 PM
    I completely understand where you are coming from as far as insurance. My husband and I have primary insurance but it doesn't cover maternity. The other posts said your state will not turn you away if you are pregnant but they will if you make too much money. I live in TN and we tried to get Tenncare through the state since we don't have maternity insurance. Tenncare turned us down saying we make too much money and don't have enough debt or medical bills. So, yes, it is possible that the state will turn you down but it is worth a try.
    What we did once we were turned down is go to my doctor's office and tell them our situation. The doctor's office worked with us and gave us a 40% discount. We are having to pay 1,800 for all the prenatal visits, the delivery, the ultrasounds, and one infant checkup. The hospital is separate. I called around and found a hospital that would work with me and they gave me a flat fee which is 1650. This is for a vaginal delivery and anything, such as an epidural, that is associated with labor and delivery.
    I know it is frustrating and it takes a lot of patience and time. We just now got everything worked out and we have been at this for 2 months, but we didn't know where to begin.
    Doctors and hospitals cannot turn you away and they are willing to work with you. They can set up payment plans that work with you.
    It is important that you tell your family (mine is helping me out so much, I couldn't do it without them). You family will know before long and they will be more upset that you didn't tell them. Also, you need to be getting prenatal care. I am taking the prenatal vitamins from wal-mart and I love them. My doctor said they are just as good as any other prenatal vitamin.
    As least go to a free health clinic and get advice from them.
    Good luck!
    I know everything will work out. I cried for days and stayed up worried many nights about how we would pay and then things slowly began to work out.
    Keep me posted!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Have you tried applying for Medicaid or a low-cost state-sponsored medical insurance plan? You really need to seek medical attention and without further delay.
    Saby2284 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Sep 3, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Medicaid can Help in Most States And if not There has to be a Health Department Around your Area. I have one car also and I have a 4 year old and 15 months year old twins. If you love your child that's growing inside u Go to the health department TRUST Me they Will help u! I Did it and I am Grateful I did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant IUD in and Doctors can't find it [ 12 Answers ]

OK so the story is short, I have been on the IUD for 19 months now. A couple of months ago my IUD was giving me problems even making me think I was pregnant so I went to the doctor and they tucked the strings back around to make sure it was in place, well everything was going good for about 3...

Haven't heard from boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

I'm prob. Worried for no reason but I haven't talked to my boyfriend since before he went into work this morning. He usually calls me in the evening or he will get online and we talk on instant messager. We have only been together for a month but this is the first day this has happened.. I know he...

Brown discharge.haven't had period yet [ 4 Answers ]

Im a teen and I haven't had my period yet, I noticed a brown discharge and a little blood with that... does this mean I am getting my period or is it something else? :confused:

Why haven't I gotten my period back? [ 3 Answers ]

I had a c-section 2/06 and I had bleeding for a while... it stopped then I believe I got a period after the bleeding stopped,then these past four months I haven't had a period and I'm not pregnant.. I took a test.what could be wrong? Is it due to the surgery?

Love-- Sick of it already and haven't even started [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 17 and have never had a girlfreind and never kissed a girl either. I have lots of problems with this issue as I have had bad experiences with girls since, well ever! Firstly there was a girl wo I really liked but took many months to get up the courage to ask her to the prom. She...

View more questions Search