Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jul 31, 2009, 06:27 AM
    People, if you have ill cats, please take them to the vet. If you can't afford it, work out a payment plan or take them to a shelter. Don't let them suffer for days before they finally die. I understand that some of you are young, so hopefully I've given you a couple of helpful tips for the future. Bottom line, it's cruel to allow an animal to suffer.
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 31, 2009, 01:40 PM
    I agree with Ren, take your animals to the vet when they're sick.

Joy
    caseylee Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Aug 1, 2009, 07:21 AM
    Taking animals to a vet is very expensive as I'm sure you already know that I don't think the age of a person really matters. And that decision does not measure the love one person can have for an animal. Anyone can have heart enough to take in a homeless animal but financially may not be able to afford the vet bills. Letting them suffer may not be a choice one can make. I'm soprry you feel it is cruel but I feel your being a bit judgemental considering everyone has different financial situations
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caseylee View Post
    taking animals to a vet is very expensive as im sure you already know that i dont think the age of a person really matters. And that decision does not measure the love one person can have for an animal. Anyone can have heart enough to take in a homeless animal but financially may not be able to afford the vet bills. letting them suffer may not be a choice one can make. im soprry you feel it is cruel but i feel your being a bit judgemental concidering everyone has different financial situations
    That is like saying if you found a child on the street you would take it in but if it was sick not take it to the hospital.
    A lot of people on here see their animals as their children.
    If you cannot care for it then give it to someone who can.

Yes you might love the animal, I don't doubt that at all, money doesn't buy love but if you truly love something you know when to let it go.

I understand financial situations and I understand that people have bought an animal and then after buying it had money problems, that's fine. It's the people who intentionally breed their animals or take an animal knowing full well that they can't afford it that make me angry.

Off my soap box :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My father is Dying and I don't know how I would deal with it. [ 6 Answers ]

I found out about 2 mounths ago that my father is dying and I don't know how I could deal with loseing my dad. I found out that he has known for 5 years that he was sick. He never told any body and I don't know how to deal with it. My mother and father has been separated since I was 3 and I call...

Kitten dying of unknown disease [ 3 Answers ]

Please help! I work at a cat rescue and we have a kitten here who has crazy, off-the-charts blood work (to the point that the vet is surprised she's still alive) and symptoms such as diarrhea, runny nose, shaking of the upper body while breathing (difficulty breathing?).. A few cats from the same...

My poor puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I never owned a dog before and just bought a Bichon Frise. It has been a rough start. The lady that sold him said he had no prior problems. I bought him at 5 months old, only been 6 weeks since I've had him. I have this rash and it looks like little bites. OR it could be an allergic reaction. ...

I'm dying to get help and don't know where to look. [ 8 Answers ]

Im really sorry if this is the wrong area to ask my question, but Im new to this forum and really need some help. Here's my problem: My computer constantly and, seemingly, for no reason crashes (restarts itself) I had this problem before a while back and someone I know looked at it, removed...

My kitten was covered in ants evan in her eyes now she's blind and dying [ 2 Answers ]

i found my kitten in my sisters room and it was compleatly coverd in ants evan in her eyes and mouth...i got them all of but now she is blind and she is dying..but i dont know what to do....i tried feeding her...and it did give her some energy....but not much...what should i do?

View more questions Search