Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quijote Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Akita's broken tail
    Hi my akita is two month old and he just broke his tail playing with my other dog I want to know if his his tail is going to repaired it self with time or if I have to do something... or worst than that than can affect my akita's life. :(
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 04:36 PM
    This is an extreamly painfull thing for your pup. His tail is an extension of his spine. Take him to the vet now!!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Quijote, you have to think in terms of any other body part that gets broken. Caught early enough, a breakage of any kind can be reset by the vet & put into a cast. Although a broken tail won't impede your dog from getting around, it is painful for him.
    Quijote Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Thanks for your advices, my little quijote is better today his tail has retourned to be like it was he ' s having a little pain but he 's walking well and his tail is perfect again thank you people for your answers... :D
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 04:55 PM
    I am glad to here it is better. Keep a close eye on it and be ready to call the vet at any sign of more problems.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 4, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Agree Go Vet Now!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is tail banding? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: I recently inquired about a puppy from several breeders. One of the questions I asked was if there tails were docked ? I had several tell me that they banded there puppies tails and that it caused less trauma than whacking it off at that vet. I know from experience that having a litter...

Can a broken tail be fixed? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old Pekinese. I accidentally dropped a glass pot lid and it landed about 2 inches from the end of his tail. It caused a small cut, which I know how to take care of. But now the tail does not seem to curl over his back the way it used to. He wags it OK, and does not seem to be in...

Fan tail [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Me and my girlfriend have just got a 25 gallon tank and got a couple of fan tail fishes 3 weeks ago. We have just got back and found one dead and the other one is looking ill. We have treated the water for chlorine and have a filter in it which we bought new. I am just wondering what...

Tail on shrimp [ 6 Answers ]

What is the etiquette for eating tail on shrimp?

Tail back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm a sophomore now and I have been a receiver since my first year of football which was only last year. I am a pretty good receiver and played some varsity this year. The problem is I'm 5'9 right now and it seems that my height is peaked at 15 years of age. I don't see many reciever's under...

View more questions Search