Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 02:37 PM
    'Maya 9, 3DSMax 9' and a 'Wacon Art Tablet'
    What does 'Maya 9, 3DSMax 9' need to work on a computer and what is a 'Wacon Art Tablet' (I think it might mean wacom but I still don't know what one is) and how much would one cost
    ccanupii Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Maya and 3DMAX need as much processing power, memory and graphics power as you can afford. If you are leaning toward being a serious user then I would go with at least a dual core at 1.86 or higher, 2 gb of ram and graphics card with at least 256 mb of ram. The tablets vary in price by the features and size. The programs run around $500 a piece and the tablet range from $200 to $1200. A graphics workstation could go a high $9000 if you build yourself maxed with features and products. Dell makes a good workstation you can customize for around $3500.
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 05:50 AM
    I just found out I need the tablet for uni and a computer that the maya 3d max thing would work on
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Any chance on a link to the tablets

Sep 2, 2007, 02:16 PM
    This is a link to the WACOM site. Their products are compatible with all Autodesk software and Maya. The CIntiq is the newest product at @$2500.00.

Wacom Technology
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Thanks about the info on the tablet I think I'm going to have too ask what theyd recommend,

But would this laptop be OK to run the maya 9 stuff.
    Buy ACER ASPIRE 9304WSMI | 17" widescreen laptop - Specification | Comet

Sep 5, 2007, 05:17 AM
    I personally do not run any graphics, video or multimedia software on any of my laptops. Although this particular product may be capable of running the software, I have generally found found that the shared memory configuration between system resources, video processing and the program itself tends to slow the overall render process. In a pinch I will use AutoCAD on my laptop but even with a 3ghz processor and 2gb of ram it can be a painful process on large projects. Desktops fair better because of the variety of video cards with large on board memory and the ability to run a 64 bit operating system with up to 8gb of ram. If you are going to run a 3d rendering software I would suggest setting up at least two rendering systems to speed the process and network them into your primary use computer. Stack the rendering systems with as much ram as possible and at least dual core processors. Many people that use this type of software can often create unrendered scenes very quickly and get excited; then become very disappointed when it takes 3 days to render a 15 minute clip. Many 3d, video and graphics programs come with a co-oridinator to allow for network rendering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gateway tablet laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a model275 gateway tablet laptop. And when I try to turn on, nothing happens. If it is switch, how do I repair it.

Skin whitening tablet [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya.. I USED SKIN WHITENING TABLET NAME OF 'tathion'.bUT it did not work.Now I won't to my skin lighter.How can I do it?Thanks.

View more questions Search