Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Siesta Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Headboard too short for Frame
    I have a full size headboard I would like to use but my mattress and frame are queen size. Are there extenders available I could buy so I could connect my headboard to the bed frame? Thank You!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Well... use your mattress and bed frame and just put your headboard against the wall and the bed frame. You will have some space at each end but that's okay.
    Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Thank about this problem a littl bit, siesta. You have a QUEEN SIZE MATTRESS AND BED FRAME and a FULL SIZE HEADBOARD. Now... the headboard is SMALLER then both the mattress and bed frame. If you really want to use the headboard because you really like it, or are attached to it then you CAN STILL USE IT by putting it up against the wall between the wall and the bed frame and it will stay upright.

What is unrealistic about this suggestion? If you had better ones, then you wouldn't be asking the question.

You would have to buy or have made, an extension for your headboard to accommodate the queen size mattress and bed frame if you want it all to look the same size.

Sep 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Can't just position against wall because I will be moving bed away from wall to make it on a weekly basis... thus the headboard would be affected. In addition, a toddler is using this bed and don't want it to be a half type job for safety issues. THanks anyway - I am getting some good responses. Have a good one.

Sep 1, 2007, 01:18 PM
    FYI - got a great response from someone. You can buy a mod- adapter headboard kit to accommodate this type of situation.
    Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Then, why didn't you just tell the whole story re toddler, etc. of course it has to be safe

Sep 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
    You no longer need to respond - others have helped me solve the problem. Have a nice day.
    painterer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 12:18 PM
    Siesta. I too am looking for an adapter kit. Will you share where you found one.? Bluebird
    painterer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Siesta I too am looking for an adopter kit. Will you share where you found yours.? Painterer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction Time Frame [ 8 Answers ]

I live in San Francisco CA, I've been living in the same house for 27 years and the last 2 years I've been paying rent to the new owner. However the last 4 months I've been only able to pay partial rent due to my 62 yr old mother who's been sick. I've expressed to the landlord that we can't make...

Antique headboard [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a headboard/footboard from a dealer, who only had two of the brackets. They are made to hook into the old board (single hook) and bolt onto a modern frame. I've attached a photo of the bracket. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or know of a different bracket that has a...

Frame Structure QUESTION [ 2 Answers ]

There has a few type of FRAME STRUCTURE. There are PLANE FRAMES, SPACE FRAMES & SKELETON FRAMES. Explain and sketch the shape for three type construction method of the FRAME.

Insulation of an A-frame roof [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We live in a 4 story A-frame with a huge roof surface area. The rafters of the roof are only 8". Seems to me that there is a lot of heat escaping thru the roof. The rooms can get cold. I'm toying with the idea of adding false walls and ceiling to the rooms. I would leave the...

View more questions Search