Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Until the 12th of NEVER
    Hello:

A paroled sex offender now in police custody is suspected of being a serial killer who attacked and killed five women in Lansing.

Doesn't this mean we should just never let a sex offender out? Is the guy taking a wizz in the alley a sex offender?? I'll bet the father of the little girl who saw him thinks so..

I think we have TOO MANY prisons... I'll bet you think we have TOO FEW.

excon
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 08:43 AM
    excon I agree the world has enough prisons and the man peeing in the alley is just peeing, but what about the John Couey's of this world what should be done with them? Or uncle john that likes to feel up all the little girls on the street what should be done with him? Or the dad that has sex with all of his kids including his boys? What should be done with these men? Or How about the teacher that had oral sex with her 10 year old student, what should be done with her? Or the lady in Kentucky that was screwing her kids friends that was a makeup artist for hollywood stars, should she be given special privileges? She thinks so. What should happen to the lady of the child that the man raped her son and taunted her when he was released on bail and she shot him in his groin, should she go to jail?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I agree that there are enough prisons but there is a lack of appropriate treatments. Just to put someone in prison does not address the crux of the problem, it just gets the person off the street. I don't mean let everyone out. There are people in prison because we are just that much safer with them inside and us outside. Our children are safer too.

Prisons are crowded. I am sure there has to be some other methods of corrections that will suffice the law without putting people behind bars. But sexual predators? They need their own place with their own treatment. An island would be nice, surrounded by sharks and bad waters.
    acw Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 12:37 PM
    The whole prison and criminal justice system is about Money... Face the Facts!

The legal system creates millions of jobs and billions of dollars for people who "create no value" to society. How many cops do we need on the street?

Not to mention those companies that make HUGH profit from the sorrow and misery of others. We treat Animals better than we do our fellow man.

My Broker called me about a REIT stock that builds and develops prisons around North America. Now you can "litterally" own a piece of the "Rock!"
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    I think we have TOO MANY prisons... I'll bet you think we have TOO FEW.excon
    So are you suggesting that there are a lot of incarcerated people who ought not be? Personally I believe that incarceration ought to be for violent criminals who pose a threat to themselves and others. I don't think that the deadbeat dads who don't pay child support or the Martha Stewarts who "cheat" in the stock market game ought to be in prison. I don't think drug dealers and users ought to be there either, unless they committed a violent crime in the carrying out of their "enterprise." I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me but I truly believe that the punishment ought to fit the crime. For really severe offenders, there's always capital punishment (carried out within a reasonable time after conviction, of course ; not 10, 15 or 30 years after the fact, after all of the bullcrap appeals and what not have been exhausted.)
    teresita Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 12:30 AM
    Comment on bushg's post
    Wow that was good! But EXCON YOU HIT THE BULLS EYE! A S.O.F. should be re identified
    teresita Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 02:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

A paroled sex offender now in police custody is suspected of being a serial killer who attacked and killed five women in Lansing.

Doesn't this mean we should just never let a sex offender out? Is the guy taking a wizz in the alley a sex offender??? I'll bet the father of the little girl who saw him thinks so..

I think we have TOO MANY prisons... I'll bet you think we have TOO FEW.

excon
    This is exactly what I was looking for, there should be a support group "All the women and men who have a deep love for their labeled SEX OFFENDER" Support group tell your story, if we can get the man power to make them Re-difine what a sex offender really is. 25 yrs of being the sex offenders partner wife and friend you start to wonder what it says doesn't always mean what it is.
    Thanks EXCON everything that you said I felt... Good to know I'm not alone. Teresita
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 07:34 AM
    It is not that we have too many prisons it is that we have too many courts that have N0 real justice system. We are filling the jails by throwing dads in jail for non payment of child support (and they are denied (by the mother) their court ordered visitations but that doesn't seem to mean a thing to anybody. Then we have someone that does a relatively minor crime in jail for four years while a rapist might only get 3 years.
    Many Judges go by their partiality instead of the law. They will make a mountain out of a mole hill and down play serious crime and criminals. Basically the court system is all screwed up!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Basically the court system is all screwed up!!!
    Hello again, NO:

Actually, it's the legislature who is screwed up! Since those guys think just like you do, they took AWAY the authority to sentence from the judges by passing mandatory sentencing laws. The real power rests with the prosecutors. Judges are just basically glorified clerks now. They have very little power.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 07:49 AM
    I don't think like they do and I didn't differentiate the whole court system/legislative and so forth because I see corruption IN all of it. I have seen Judges rule against people simply because they didn't like them MANY of times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Options for career in Bio after 12th [ 2 Answers ]

Please advise me the percentage wise options for career in Bio after 12th, also guide on the list of colleges and their admission procedures. With Regards, Jay Tripathi

Options for Career in Bio after 12th [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise me the percentagewise options for career in Bio after 12th, also guide on the list of collage and their admission procedures. With Regards, Mahesh Bag

11 days late and the 12th day come on [ 1 Answers ]

I missed my period I was suppose to come on on the 28 of December but I didn't people was telling me that they had a feeling that I was . Well the first week I went to the doctors because my pregnancy test told me that I was not. They told me that it was to early to detect. Then the 12th day I came...

View more questions Search