Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hounddog Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2004, 12:39 PM
    EZula TopText and TinyBar keep returning!
    There are 2 pieces of spyware that are deleted by Aladdin Internet Cleanup but then they come back:
    EZula TopText
    TinyBar
    The latter comes back every few minutes! Any ideas how I can obliterate them for good??

Sep 20, 2004, 11:12 AM
    EZula TopText and TinyBar keep returning!
    Please? Anyone?
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2004, 05:08 PM
    Re: eZula TopText and TinyBar keep returning!
    Get spybot S&D then run it, when you pick them up. Let spybot clean them if that doesn't work manually delete them.

Sep 21, 2004, 10:53 AM
    Thanks, alika, but you've hit upon my precise problem: I have spybot but it doesn't detect either of them; and I have no idea how to remove them manually.
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2004, 09:26 PM
    Yep, all right what version of S&D are you running and what scan engine are you up to? You should have a ruff bots detect at 1500 too 20000.
    Go to www.trendmicro.com and run there free home scan.

Regards Alicka

Sep 23, 2004, 10:55 AM
    I have S&D 1.3. "wat scan engine are you up to?" Sorry, don't understand the question. What's a scan engine? I also don't know what a "ruff bots detect" is. Sorry to be so uninformed. I'm going to www.micro.com now.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
    Try "GIANT AntiSpyware". It is the latest and greatest as far as I am concerned. So far it is the most complete spyware removal tool that I have come across in this business. It comes with a 15 day free trial but the yearly subscription cost is minimal compared to how effective and complete this program is.

You may download a free trial of the software at the link below. Just click on "Products" and then "Free Downloads." This product combined with the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit on the same site will provide a complete solution to your problem.
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 17, 2004, 12:35 AM
    I would try using Kill Box and hijack this. I'd say that a dll is running at startup and replacing the files that are being removed. Basically the spyware removal tool seem to be removing the symptoms, not the problem. Using Killbox and hijack this you can find the problem, stop it running and delete it all in one bold foul swoop. Or at least a couple of very quick swoops

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Returning a sign-on bonus [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I received a sign-on bonus of $15,000 in 2005 that was reported as income on my W-2. (actual amount received was $10,102.50 after taxes). I have recently left that job and need to return the sign-on bonus. My company wants me to return the $10,102.50 + $3,750 for federal taxes since my...

Returning student scholarship search [ 1 Answers ]

Ahck! Help! I am a 23 yr old married female returning to college after a 4 year hiatus. I've been looking into scholarships, but they all seem to be taylored towards high-school students. Are there any resources for returning students that haven't really gotten a running start yet? My only real...

View more questions Search