Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nainufriend4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 11:36 PM
    About Spoken English
    I am doing third year engineering from pune.
    I am very good in my academic studies,but I am facing problem in spoken english.
    I need to work on my pronounsations also.
    So kindly help me for improving my spoken english so that I can speak as fluently as my mothertounge.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2007, 03:02 AM
    Please see the following search:

English Grammar Help - Google Search

You also might try purchasing some CD's for learning English that you could use on your computer.
    scouter5 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2007, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nainufriend4u
    I am very good in my academic studies,but i am facing problem in spoken english.
    So kindly help me for improving my spoken english so that i can speak as fluently as my mothertounge.
    Read poetry, children's nursery rhymes, and slow down. It will take 7-9 years to become proficient, based on some studies. So read the Sunday comics, Readers Digest and other easy reading. Go to the bookstores and read current magazines. Local libraries offer books and magazines that are inexpensive. Then volunteer to read to the elderly at nursing homes and assisted living. You will become more confident andyou will meet a lot of nice people that can help you. When others laugh at your attempts just smile and keep going. Hope this helps. I was 8 when confronted with the English language. Now, at age 51 I teach in the behavior unit at the middle school level on every subject.
    I have also substituted all levels and subjects for 3.5 years.
    Encouragement is a key that fits all learned behaviors. Scouter5.
    scouter5 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nainufriend4u
    I am very good in my academic studies,but i am facing problem in spoken english.
    So kindly help me for improving my spoken english so that i can speak as fluently as my mothertounge.
    Read poetry, children's nursery rhymes, and slow down. It will take 7-9 years to become proficient, based on some studies. So read the Sunday comics, Readers Digest and other easy reading. Go to the bookstores and read current magazines. Local libraries offer books and magazines that are inexpensive. Then volunteer to read to the elderly at nursing homes and assisted living. You will become more confident andyou will meet a lot of nice people that can help you. When others laugh at your attempts just smile and keep going. Hope this helps. I was 8 when confronted with the English language. Now, at age 51 I teach in the behavior unit at the middle school level on every subject.
    I have also substituted all levels and subjects for 3.5 years.
    Encouragement is a key that fits all learned behaviors. Scouter5.
    yonemalay195 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 08:24 AM

Can I know about the pronunciation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son hasn't spoken to me in almost a year [ 21 Answers ]

My son is 24 years old. I have always been there for him. His father and I split when he was 12 and his sister 17. I raised them pretty much on my own before then anyway- my ex was a mechanic who would rather find any excuse than be home with his family. He used to stay late at work doing side...

My son hasn't spoken to me in almost a year [ 4 Answers ]

I need advice. I am trying not to get TOO excited because it might not even happen. I e-mailed my son a week ago- did not think I would get a reply, but decided to give it a shot. I asked him just how long he plans on punishing me by not having anything to do with me. I e-mailed him from work. I...

Spoken english [ 1 Answers ]

May I know how a call centre executive converse with a cosutomer

Spoken English [ 4 Answers ]

Please tell me what the following mean grammatically (1)he should have been going. (2)he can have done.

English [ 3 Answers ]

I am needing some help. My daughter is in first grade and brang home a paper today that I can not help her with. They want her cut and paste the pictures given on to the correct areas. Areas being soft c, hard c and soft g, and hard g.The words for the c's are... celery, castle, cookie, cigar, and...

View more questions Search